AlmereGrid project details

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 AlmereGrid project details

Post by Alez »

AlmereGrid

http://boinc.almeregrid.nl/index.php

Almere 23 September 2004

Today, the incubation of the world's first virtual city supercomputer was announced with the AlmereGrid project kick-off in the city of Almere, The Netherlands. This event took place at the last day in a week of intense Grid activity and announcements in Europe, that started with the Europan Grid technology day in Brussels last week and was followed by the Global Grid Forum 12 conference in the same city.

In Almere, one is working on implementing the first heterogeneous city computer Grid in the world. In a first stage, this Grid will be used for scientific research. There has already been selected a medical research project.

AlmereGrid however aims to perform specific research on how a heterogeneous Grid can interconnect and use non-central computer resources from individual participants and companies. Currently, the organisers are initiating contacts with all relevant Grid technology companies. During a plenary kick-off meeting in the Almere business centre, plans were being deployed.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#2 Re: AlmereGrid project details

Post by Dirk Broer »

Though this is a project that is being run from my home country, I cannot recommend it.
All WUs fail and the forum is not getting responded to. If there is a project admin, he/she has forgotten about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “AlmereGrid Boinc Grid”