WCG strikes again

all non specific project posts go here
Buster Gunn
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#1 WCG strikes again

Post by Buster Gunn »

I have Human Proteome w/u's blowing up with comp errors. 14 of them in the last 10 hours(many hours lost). After notifying a WCG admin of my plight, I was informed that the problem was with my machine, I calmly pointed out to the person that I have 2 identical machines (side by side) crunching the stuff and only one machine was up-chucking. He thought a re-boot would help. I did, it didn't. He still insisted it was the machine and I again calmly pointed to my machine stats showing that this particular machine has completed over 3500 of the w/u's in question and all of the sudden it can't do anything right. As I write this, it just completed 3 GOOD units so IT AIN'T THE MACHINE.

The w/u's in question all start with lu-834 so beware. Another fact ignored by the admin. The 3 good w/u's were not lu-834. Anyone else here see a pattern. The second machine had no lu-834's. The plot thickens.

I'm cutting back those 2 machines to 50% participation and starting to crunch other stuff on them. My goal is to get to 1MM and never attach to WCG again after that. 100 is almost in the bag for the team, so my little contribution won't matter.

Sorry for any ranting here but my patience with WCG has ended.
Buster is my dog. Sadly, Buster is gone.
Buster is the Malamute, Obi is the Golden.

Obi is the dog of the house now.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Retiring at a million sounds like a good plan and I can't think who would regard it as anything less than a heroic contribution to the struggle.
Willie the Megacruncher
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Posts”