credits

all non specific project posts go here
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 credits

Post by davidbam »

Is anyone else seeing a reduction in payouts over the past 3 or 4 days?

I am seeing quite a sharp decline (maybe up to 30%). First thought was that it might be down to my upgrading nearly all my machines to an Ubuntu system containing the linux kernel fix for the Spectre vulnerability.

Then I noticed that 2 big machines were suffering similar declines - one Linux Mint 19 which was not upgraded & one freeBSD to which is doesn't apply.

I looked at my job mixture and am seeing a LOT of Mapping Cancer Markers jobs so perhaps that is part of the reason
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: credits

Post by scole of TSBT »

Check your WCG results and see how many MCM WUs are in Pending Validation status. If it's a lot, that could be the reason.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: credits

Post by davidbam »

Yes thanks, that pretty much explains it I think. In point of fact, I don't seem to be seeing much performance drop on the new Ubuntu machines either. It can be a bit hard to discern precise performance when I am just taking a mix of WCG jobs as I get them (apart from MIPS).

Dammit, I wish I thought these things through for myself before asking. I figured my machines would be trusted by now but perhaps the re-install changed that.

I even used my own website software to check your theory as that gives me daily totals of amount credited AND amount pending per machine. Surprisingly stupid at times me.
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#4 Re: credits

Post by Bryan »

There is one project that does not trust any machines. It may be MCM where you will always require a wingman.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#5 Re: credits

Post by davidbam »

Ah okay

I am certainly getting mostly MCM at the moment. Probably because someone got all the high-paying Zika jobs in December :roll: :lol: :lol:
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#6 Re: credits

Post by Bryan »

Don'tcha just hate it when that happens :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Posts”