WUProp account info

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

WUProp account info

Unread post by scole of TSBT » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Anyone notice this account info item?

Hosts running NCI apps W/O sensors

Is it new? Was that something people needed to know and keep track of?

EDIT: More to the story...http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/forum_thread.php?id=441#5366

Cruncher Pete
Boinc Lietenant Colonel
Boinc Lietenant Colonel
Location: They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhere.

Re: WUProp account info

Unread post by Cruncher Pete » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:29 am

I think I said enough in that thread. What I can't understand is that if projects like QCN issues workunits and gives credit even if they do not have sensors why does WUProp declares that as cheating, surely that decision is up to the project concerned. For example the only time I have ran QCN was when I set up a new Boinc Client and allowed all projects to initiate. Since I am not interested in the project realizing that it needs sensors I normally set the project to NNW and abort running tasks but by that time some tasks would have been completed and reported. What shits me off is that the Admin Sebastien even after asking why he does that and why he does not give us a clear policy written somewhere where we can see it he will not do so..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “WUProp@Home”