Streamline WUProp?

Forum rules
leecarver
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#1 Streamline WUProp?

Post by leecarver »

I'm curious if there are some settings to streamline WUProp like there are for PrimeGrid for my system (running only certain subprojects based on my GPU/CPU setup). I've put in a little over 1000 machine hours in so far and I've only racked up about 700 credit on WUProp. Most of the projects run a hair under 6 hours. Is this the norm?
Hardware:
Main CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz, MSI Z87-G45 mobo, 24 GB DDR3, GTX 770 2GB EVGA, Windows 10
Tablet: NVIDIA Shield Tablet, Stock
Phone: LG G8, Stock
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by scole of TSBT »

You're doing better than I am on credit/app hours! I've logged 1,109,832 app hours and have 475,347 WUProp credits. I don't think most people run WUProp for the credits though. Most of us run it for the badge work. To answer your question though, I don't think there's any optimization that can be done for WUProp.

Will NativeBoinc run on that Nvidia Shield tablet?
leecarver
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#3 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by leecarver »

scole250 wrote:Will NativeBoinc run on that Nvidia Shield tablet?
I don't know. That's a good question. I don't know why it wouldn't. I'll look into it tonight and report back.
Hardware:
Main CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4 GHz, MSI Z87-G45 mobo, 24 GB DDR3, GTX 770 2GB EVGA, Windows 10
leecarver
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#4 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by leecarver »

scole250 wrote:Will NativeBoinc run on that Nvidia Shield tablet?
That's a big negative. Just tried installing it and apparently there are still bugs in the app, at least for my device, where it won't generate/hold a password, so the app becomes unusable.

Any problems with using the straight-up BOINC app? Or was there a particular reason to use NativeBoinc?
Hardware:
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by Silver »

The Boinc app, initially, was crap. That's why some of us use(d) the native boinc app.
I believe that the newer version is better and that some of our team are now using it, I've stuck with native because it works for me.
I suppose the short answer is to give it a try and let us know how you get on.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#6 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by Alez »

If the sheild is intel based ( Atom etc. ) then you need to run the standard boinc for android as nativeboinc doesn't work. The reason for running native boinc against standard boinc is that nativeboinc allows you to network and control all your droids through boinctasks or BAM which the standard BOINC doesn't . There are other reasons like being able to name your host etc.
Also nativeBOINC hasn't been updated in a couple of years now and probabily won't work properly with Android 5.
I've got the new BOINC running on my atom based tablet and it's a lot better than previous, still not as good as it could be though.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
leecarver
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#7 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by leecarver »

Alez wrote:If the sheild is intel based ( Atom etc. )
According to the system specs, it's running the ARM Cortex-A15.
Alez wrote:The reason for running native boinc against standard boinc is that nativeboinc allows you to network and control all your droids through boinctasks or BAM which the standard BOINC doesn't .
I'm able to sync with BAM as far as I can tell, but I really haven't played with the controls at all.

As of right now, the system has been running at night when I go to bed (and only when it reaches 90% charge - though I can set that lower). In three nights, it has generated 1,469.25 credits.

Asteroids: 960.00
Einstein: 187.50
SETI: .24
SkyNet POGS: 321.51
Rosetta: 0.00

The processor isn't going to win any awards, but I'm surprised the GPU (Tegra K1 - GK20A) doesn't contribute more.
Hardware:
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#8 Re: Streamline WUProp?

Post by Alez »

That's not bad figures for a tablet and it all helps rack up the hours on WUprop. Yes the new version of BOINC will work with BAM but not with boinctasks, but at the moment you have no reason to need boinc tasks. I now have 11 droid hosts so boinc tasks is a must as other wise it's a nightmare plugging into each droid individually.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “WUProp”