There's life in BBC Climate Change Experiment yet.

Forum rules
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#1 There's life in BBC Climate Change Experiment yet.

Post by Megacruncher »

This project is more or less wound up with no new work for Yonks but some old scraps of work being finished off, helped by the fact that the project doesn't enforce its WU expiry dates so they last for ever!

Slightly unexpectedly, and entirely due to the efforts of one cruncher, colin, TSBT are riding high in the project. Our, okay colin's, RAC is 6 times that of any other team, 8) and our productivity for this project is 10th overall for 2008 t0 date.

If colin can find another 9K we will move to 8th for the year and get a rather surprising Formula Boinc point. Just another 40K will bag us 2 FB points and get us up to 14th from a very respectable 15th. So, no pressure colin, our hopes all rest on you!! :lol: If you can keep this up until Xmas you will overtake me, and bag us 4 FB points!
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

And he got that FB point which is probably one of our safest. Well done!
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

:wav:

Anyone else still attached to this project?
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Out of 120K original users a mere 553 returned results in the last month. By far the most active of these is our Colin. No other TSBT member has returned work in the last month.

If anyone does have some sitting around, fire it up again.
Willie the Megacruncher
Grum
Boinc Private
Boinc Private

Post by Grum »

I just noticed that mine had started running again yesterday. Hadn't seen any activity from it for months!
Grum
LogPile

Post by LogPile »

Hi Guys

It looked like you were going to overtake us :o but so close. Just to let you know Colin has more models to go but he hasn't trickled since 13/09/08 You might need to give him a nudge, good luck and well done to you all.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Thanks for that I'll see if he can't find a couple of K from somewhere. Nice to hear from you again. What brings you round these parts?
Willie the Megacruncher
rowpie
Peon

Post by rowpie »

long time no see good sir.

indeed even though its a dead project it would have been nice to get another place

:P

hows the crunching world treating you?
LogPile

Post by LogPile »

Hi Guys

Been watching Colin for a while as your team started get nearer and nearer, the science is more important than the "credits" in this one and I couldn't let fellow clansmen down! Another reason was that I was looking for the link to Monty Pythons video, still looking, any pointers?

I trust the weather has not been getting you down too much.
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

Does anyone have any BBC models still on the go? Colin?

Willy @ BOINCstats has fixed the country ranking page and it shows that BBC is our only project where we are ranked in double figures (ok, it is 10th!) within the UK. It'd be real nice to fix this but it would take a half million or so......
Image Image
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

This project is all but finished now. Only 13 out of 1198 teams are still active & a mere 375 out of 120,000 users are still crunching it.

Our only hope of progress would be if people joined us from other teams taking their credits with them. (Go on Logpile, you know we want you to! :lol: )

Anyway top 10 isn't too bad for what was a UK based project heavily promoted, and rapidly abandoned, by the BBC.
Willie the Megacruncher
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Climate Prediction”