Wildlife@Home project details

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 Wildlife@Home project details

Post by Alez »

http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/wildlife/

Welcome to Wildlife@Home

Wildlife@Home is citizen science project, developed in a joint effort by University of North Dakota's Department of Computer Science and Department of Biology, aimed at analyzing video gathered from various cameras recording wildlife. Currently the project is looking at video of sharp-tailed grouse, Tympanuchus phasianellus, performing their mating dances (lekking), and then examining their nesting habits and ecology. The nest cameras have been set up up both near western North Dakota's oil fields and also within protected state lands. We recently have also begun studying two federally protected species, interior least terns, Sternula antillarum, and piping plovers, Charadruis melodus.

We hope that your participation will help us determine the impact of the oil development on the sharp-tailed grouse, and better understand the behaviors of least terns and piping plovers to aid in their conservation, as well as provide some interesting video for everyone to watch and discuss. Feel free to scroll through our image gallery on the right to get a better idea of what's going on with the project and see the field biologists in action, or talk to us on the message boards.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: Wildlife@Home project details

Post by davidbam »

I like wildlife - is this project dead or does it still offer up WU?
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: Wildlife@Home project details

Post by Bryan »

It's alive but it is issuing very little work right now. Setup a tickler script and you can get a few WU.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: Wildlife@Home project details

Post by davidbam »

Thanks
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: Wildlife@Home project details

Post by Bryan »

BTW, tasks can last 18 hours to a couple of days. It pays VERY well ... I think it is the highest paying CPU project.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Wildlife@Home”