ODROID-U3

For all your Raspberry Pi's, BeagleBoard's, Parallella's, ORDROID'S, TV boxes et al.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#21 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by scole of TSBT »

I'm going to flog my android guru. :evil: When I asked him about not having Google Play, he never mentioned side loading, but even I now remember about that. He's my android app developer too. I need to punish him! Do we need an android app? Really, he'd probably love to do one.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#22 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by Alez »

Android app developer ? I'm an mechanical engineer that used to blow holes in the ground and now digs holes in the ground for a living and I know that. Fetch the cat o nine tails Image

I'd really like an android app for WUProp that runs on x86.
Stats like we get from nativeBoinc on android only that actually worked more than once every 3 months. Or maybe just a version of Boinc for android that works like nativeBoinc but was updated like Boinc.
Best would be running R boxes off an android box. That would be ultra cool :D
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#23 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by scole of TSBT »

We'll see what we can get out of him. :)
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#24 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by Alez »

In the mean time I would suggest a gentle flogging was not out of order ......Image
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#25 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by scole of TSBT »

The RK31s are out-performing the U3. Should I overclock it? It has the heat sink with built in fan.
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

#26 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by Janos (retired) »

Exynos4412 platform has been the most loved products for the last 3 years. The ODROID-X was the first on 11th of July, 2012.
And the family models of the ODROID-X2, U2 and U3 followed it. The ODROID-U3 was the latest model with Exynos4412 processor.

We have got the notice from Samsung that Exynos4412 will be discontinued soon.
Because their SoC semiconductor production line is upgraded to the next generation like 28nm and 14nm. The Exynos4412 was made with the slightly old 32nm process.
The more critical reason is that Samsung DRAM memory production has moved to the LP-DDR3/DDR4 technology while Exynos-4412 can use only the old LP-DDR2 memory which must to be pre-assembled on the SoC (Package-on-Package). So there is no way to keep buying the key component securely anymore to make the U3.

The ODROID-U3 was the most loved model by Hardkernel members. We have tried to keep this model even the price increases.
The price of ODROID-U3 was $65.00 and we had to increase it to $69.00 this year due to material cost increase. But, we cannot make the ODROID-U3 even at higher price now.

We are really sorry that we couldn't expect this situation earlier, and that caused any inconvenience who needs more U3 boards.

Now, the ODROID-XU4 will replace the position with the next generation processor, Exynos5422 Octa-core.
The ODROID-XU4 has better performance and better connectivity with similar price range. We will make a long term plan with ODROID-XU4 supporting for a couple of years.

Thanks,

from Hardkernel members.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=15286
"Happiness can be defined as: a geek with non-work related code to write, no distractions and no deadline." - Janos
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#27 Re: ODROID-U3

Post by Dirk Broer »

eMMC is faster and much less prone to corruption than micro SD.
Android for ARM has far more BOINC applications than Linux for ARM.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Single-board Computers”