Installing Lubuntu 18.10

davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#16 Re: Installing Lubuntu 18.10

Post by davidbam »

Thanks. Yes, that's what I meant by keeping an eye on temperatures and overall run times
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#17 Re: Installing Lubuntu 18.10

Post by Bryan »

Your graph is very surprising. My 1080Ti runs about 60% load with 1 WU and 100% loading with 2. As Alez says, be sure you have enough CPU reserved to service the GPU. Try suspending the CPU WU and see what happens to your graph. If you don't have enough CPU reserved -or- you are trying to run too many WU it will cause you to lose credits.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#18 Re: Installing Lubuntu 18.10

Post by davidbam »

I am going to pull the card and try it in another machine. I noticed that even a single WU had been taking 3 times longer than it did originally ... Yes, even before I had changed anything.
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#19 Re: Installing Lubuntu 18.10

Post by Alez »

davidBAM wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:11 pm I am going to pull the card and try it in another machine. I noticed that even a single WU had been taking 3 times longer than it did originally ... Yes, even before I had changed anything.
Check the temperature on the card. It might be down clocking to protect itself. Either that or it is not getting serviced fast enough through either CPU usage or bandwidth. PPS-Sieve tasks tend to be very similar, so each task should take the same time to run within a few seconds. There are no longer or shorter tasks like some apps.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Linux”