Linux with AMD

Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#21 Re: Linux with AMD

Post by Dirk Broer »

I decided to transfer my HD 7790 -that was banned by the admin while running Xubuntu 15.10- to my main Win10 box, retiring my trusty HD 4770 there. I must have an able Amicable Number cracker then :twisted:.
I'll also update the Xubuntu 15.10 box to Kubuntu 16.04, to see whether the OpenCL problems I experienced with my Ubuntu 16.04 box were caused by the bad support for the internal R3 of the Athlon 5350. :evil:
I do have a Lubuntu 16.04 system running it's internal GPU of an older FM1 APU without problems... :angry-banghead: An APU of likewise vintage is in the Xubuntu box... :pray:

That sounded like a nice experiment, but installing BOINC on Kubuntu 16.04 gave 'no usable gpu'...and everything I tried to change that resulted in 'check cable connection' and a black screen.
Trying a terminal then gave a system where I couldn't login to :angry-screaming:
I think I've had it with the 16.04 release of Ubuntu and related distro's, I'll try FreeBSD next Image
Well, I've found an OS that sucks even worse with AMD cards than Ubuntu 16.04 releases: FreeBSD. It may have to do with the (video connector-less) ASUS F1A75 in combination with both an APU and a HD 6670, but I'll be dipped in dogs**t if I ever get this working the way I want it, with both Radeon GPUs crunching BOINC....

Return to “Linux”