I have two member names on boinc ststs.

Just as the title says!
johnn

#1 I have two member names on boinc ststs.

Post by johnn »

Thanks for reading this, and the reply to those who did.
Under boinc stats I have two member names listed, or at least I think so by the hosts somputer specs. ID., date joined, and approximate credits
posted. Ran into some trouble downloading cuda software...yikes,_ _ _.
So may I ask if anyone knows the easiest was to solve this.
I would like to keep a lap and a desk crunchin'. Both are runnin' WCG MAN. under different e-mail addresses. :oops:
PinkPenguin

#2 I have two member names on boinc ststs.

Post by PinkPenguin »

You should be able to change E-Mail address and nickname by modifying your profile in each of the projects to which you are attached. So pick one of your computers and change both nickname and e-mail to the same as those used by the other computer for all the projects active on the computer.

At least one of your computers should be attached to all the projects that you are crunching. This helps BOINC stats keep everything aligned.

Should take only a couple of days for BOINC stats to integrate the stats for both computers.

If you want to manage both computers centrally you can configure BOINC manager on both computers to use either BOINC stats BAM! or GridRepublic as manager. This way if you update your projects through their websites everything is automatically aligned with the same nickname and E-Mail address. Instructions are on the BOINCstats website just follow the links for BAM!
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

#3 Re: I have two member names on boinc ststs.

Post by MacDitch »

Under boinc stats I have two member names listed, or at least I think so by the hosts somputer specs. ID., date joined, and approximate credits
posted. Ran into some trouble downloading cuda software...yikes,_ _ _.
So may I ask if anyone knows the easiest was to solve this.
Is this JohnN on Rosetta and Lattice and Johnn on SETI?
I would like to keep a lap and a desk crunchin'. Both are runnin' WCG MAN. under different e-mail addresses. :oops:
I don't see any WCG account from the BOINCstats side but this statement confuses me anyway! Are you saying you have two seperate accounts at WCG (one for each computer) or at BOINCstats (for projects)?

If the former, then you need to pick the one with the least credit and abondon it; connecting both computers to the same account. :(

If you can answer these, I'll post back with some suggestions
Image Image
johnn

#4 I have two member names on boinc stats

Post by johnn »

First off thanks for the help as I will do all I can to fix this.
Sorry for the vagueness in my post, hope this clears it up. I have two accounts running WCG MAN under different e-mail addresses. Both only a couple of days old. "WCG inclusive projects" I have not assigned to Scottish boinc team having not recieved any credits, thought it made more sense to wait. :roll: Prior to WCG I was running boinc manager with other boinc clients "about a week ago". Can't remember which was which. "I have WCG MAN (one for each computer)". I thought i wouldn't
have any problems with there server because I attached my second host
to Bam account. "wrong" I guess when Individual Project managers ie,
WCG MAN gets notified of a account team assignment, they create a new
member account according to there sign-up info. "Not really sure how many times I made this mistake 2-4 times already maybe in just one week at worst. To make matters worse I hope I haven't created additional accounts 2-4 at boinc stats :oops: I think it maybe best to wait acoupe of more days to see what happens. Last night I updated my
CPID at BAM also hoping this would clear things up... not yet.
If I have to pick one and abandon what is the best way to do this?
Thanks again
John
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

#5 Re: I have two member names on boinc stats

Post by MacDitch »

Ok, I think I've got it.

At WCG, each of your e-mail addresses should have a unique Username. Note that Johnn & JohnN are unique... What you need to do is detach one of the two computers (you did say there are two?) and reconnect it, using the other username at the log in screen. Basically, every computer should be attached using the same username/e-mail and password.

If both (all) the accounts are at zero, then I'd pick the one with the correct username (JohnN) as it'll simplify life later.

BOINCstats will only show you after you begin to export credit. This will be up to 24 hours after you report a result and it validates; thus being awarded points. (NB WCG 'points' are approxiametly 7xBOINC cobblestones) As long as one of your computers is attached to all your projects, and the e-mail address is the same on all of them, BOINCstats will synchronise everything into one account.

I think your biggest problem has been that WCG does not support the manager functions. You can attach and detach via the manager, but that is about all that works.

Sorry, just read the last part again. Are you connected to the project directly or through BAM account manager?
Image Image
johnn

Post by johnn »

OK this is really something isn't it. Decieded to remove what accounts
I could "meaning the one with the lowest scores"... that worked, "may have, forgot how I did it though". Changed the name on my existing account "I think that worked". I even went so far as to upgrade to 6.6.3.
"seemed like a good idea from the replys." But now I have almost the same problem again. :oops: with a new username.
I wonder if I divuldge my new user name it will help? airculpret07
Maybe if I wait another couple of days it will clear up. :?:
Thanks for the help thus far and sorry for inconvienience.
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

[quote... sorry for inconvienience.[/quote]

No problem, it's one of the advantages of being in a team!

From the looks of it you have one account that covers Milkyway & WCG; with a second account covering Einstein, Rosetta, SETI & Lattice.
ImageImage

Are your computers split the same way? That is, does one crunch WCG & MW while the other crunches Einstein, Rosetta, SETI & Lattice?

Ideally you should have one computer attached to every project you participate in (even if permanently set to "No New Work" or "Suspend") as this will keep the CPID on all the projects the same.

Hope this helps!
Image Image
johnn

Post by johnn »

Thank you for the help, I think the last reply will clear up alot of
most of my issues. Also thanks for the advice about using user names
and passwords that also cleared some stuff up. I may be ok now except for the fact that the only project my CUDA drivers work on is SETI@home.
9800gt AMD dual core?
utopia-i
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

#9 more 2 names

Post by utopia-i »

Hi Guys and Gals

I need help - I also have 2 utopia-i accounts now on BOINC Stats

Prime and SIMAP and my new project, better late than never, SETI have all gone pearshaped ..

almost certain, 101%, I'm using the same email

My Temujin, UBT, stats reflect this woe as well - happened last Friday the day I started SETI

HELP
... is that apple pie I smell

MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

#10 Re: more 2 names

Post by MacDitch »

Hi Guys and Gals

I need help - I also have 2 utopia-i accounts now on BOINC Stats

Prime and SIMAP and my new project, better late than never, SETI have all gone pearshaped ..

almost certain, 101%, I'm using the same email

My Temujin, UBT, stats reflect this woe as well - happened last Friday the day I started SETI

HELP
First (usual!) question, do you have at least one computer attached to all projects?
Image Image
utopia-i

#11 Re: more 2 names

Post by utopia-i »

First (usual!) question, do you have at least one computer attached to all projects?
Yikes!

PrimeGrid - yes - pending credit
Seti - yep - pending credit - 8cpus
SIMAP - nope - detached when I reached 100K

but boincstats had bot the accounts listed, 2 utopia-i - all this was working fine, 1year+ until I detached SIMAP and started off on seti ..

just been reading the other thread - has boinc stats gone crazy!

MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

#12 Re: more 2 names

Post by MacDitch »

but boincstats had bot the accounts listed, 2 utopia-i - all this was working fine, 1year+ until I detached SIMAP and started off on seti ..
Because your CPID is based on a straight Hash of your e-mail (I think) each project should be able to 'calculate' (for want of a better word) what it is. Unfortunately, if the first pass isn't the one in use it gets easily confused. If I understand correctly, your computer is connected to Prime & SETI (having had SIMAP removed) and SETI being SETI has ignored the 'match oldest CPID' rule and enforced it's calculated CPID on that machine. This in turn has given you a Split Personallity as the other projects haven't been told and are still working on the 'old' CPID.

Try enforcing a few updates across several projects (especially any already connected but not 'talking' and then updating SETI. The best way to keep this from happening again is to have a 'master' computer that is connected to every project you have credit on as that way any change of CPID will replicate through all the projects and you'll only split for a day or two at worst.

[NB] Sorry, that went on for a bit![/]
Image Image
utopia-i

#13 Re: more 2 names

Post by utopia-i »

MacDitch wrote:
Because your CPID is based on a straight Hash of your e-mail (I think) each project should be able to 'calculate' (for want of a better word) what it is. Unfortunately, if the first pass isn't the one in use it gets easily confused. If I understand correctly, your computer is connected to Prime & SETI (having had SIMAP removed) and SETI being SETI has ignored the 'match oldest CPID' rule and enforced it's calculated CPID on that machine. This in turn has given you a Split Personallity as the other projects haven't been told and are still working on the 'old' CPID.

Try enforcing a few updates across several projects (especially any already connected but not 'talking' and then updating SETI. The best way to keep this from happening again is to have a 'master' computer that is connected to every project you have credit on as that way any change of CPID will replicate through all the projects and you'll only split for a day or two at worst.

[NB] Sorry, that went on for a bit![/]
ah ha .. thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go for a couple of days to see if it sorts its self out - if not - time for a fresh start, new name, new ingredients for the apple pie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”