Have a look here, http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinuto ... e=5&appid=
I've a 50% validation fail rate presently :roll:

Any ideas what could be causing it?
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: Huge numbver of Validate errors

Post by scole of TSBT »

I've not run any of the CPUMiner WUs, so not sure if they have any issues. Could be a pool problem. Post the question over on the BU message board with a link a one the invalid WUs. I'm sure they'll give some explanation.

Is your computer connected to internet all the time? Needs to be connected to run miner apps.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#3 Re: Huge numbver of Validate errors

Post by Alez »

Radio, did you get this sorted ? If not which computer is causing the problem and I will have a look at your results for that computer over at bitcoin and see if we can figure out the problem.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#4 Re: Huge numbver of Validate errors

Post by scole of TSBT »

Radio did post a question on the BU forum and there appeared to be a pool problem with ipominer.com for the CPU/GPU WUs. Another user posted a link to a discussion here...
http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinuto ... =9933#9933

Guess it would help if we explained what a pool is and what a pool problem is.

It's become very difficult for individuals to make any money trying to crypto mine on their own. But groups of people can work cooperatively and more efficiently than individuals. A pool is an entity/site that facilitates the cooperative effort among many participants. Profits are shared by those who participate. It's critical for participants to stay connected to the pool while they're mining in order to be made aware of frequent updates about how/what to mine (where in the hash chain to run hashes). Pools also need to stay connected to the crypto currency network so they can pass on updated, current info about how/what to mine. If either the pool can't connect to the crypto currency network or you can't connect to the pool, you will get mining errors. If your internet connection goes down or your BOINC Client has network access suspended, it will cause an error. Sometimes the pool site has internet connection problems and it results in the same errors. From the linked post, it appears the was having problems. It looks like it has frequent problems.

Anyway, the Bitcoin Utopia project is signed up to mine in several different pools, depending on the hardware used for a particular flavor app and project. We all mine under IDs for the BU project. If there is a pool problem, the BU message board will usually have news or other messages posted reporting the issue. If it is a pool problem, there's not much the BU project can do other than let the BOINC crunchers know and wait for the pool to get their servers back online. If pools continue to be problematic, they may choose to sign up at different pool.

If anyone can explain it better, have at it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”