Android Remote Control App

scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#1 Android Remote Control App

Post by scole of TSBT »

I've been looking for a remote control app to install on the androids so I can connect to them and admin if needed. I thought I finally found one, Team Viewer, but it doesn't seem to fit the need exactly. Team Viewer does have a remote control app, which allows to to connect to an android device, but best I can tell you have to launch the TeamViewer QuickSupport app on the android, leave it open and respond to an "allow/deny" prompt when you connect to it from another computer. Anyone familiar with this app and know whether the android QuickSupport app can be configured to always run at startup and not require a response?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: Android Remote Control App

Post by Alez »

Not sure, from what I remember looking at it before, I think team viewer is more designed to work the other way round, ie connect to your PC from an android device. At least that was the way I took it.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#3 Re: Android Remote Control App

Post by scole of TSBT »

You can connect to your PC from android too, but it also let's you connect to an android from a PC. Problem is if you're running headless androids, like we do, you can't respond to the allow/deny prompt when you attempt to connect to it from a PC. And if the android gets restarted, the QuickSupport app is no longer running.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#4 Re: Android Remote Control App

Post by Bryan »

I can't speak about the Android version but I use TV on my Windows and Linux PCs. You can configure it for "remote control". You give it a password and have it launch at boot. Each machine will login and you can access any machine from any other.
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#5 Re: Android Remote Control App

Post by Dirk Broer »

A team mate of mine, Chris, swears by BOINC Tasks to control his android boxen -and not only them.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#6 Re: Android Remote Control App

Post by scole of TSBT »

I use Boinc Tasks to control Boinc running on them too, but I want an app that will let me connect if needed to check on storage, apps running and clean it up if needed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Android”