Android 5.1 and above ?

Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#32 Re: Android 5.1 and above ?

Post by Dirk Broer »

Am am about to inherit a sony cell phone/mobile/handy/whatever with Android 4.3 on it and a dual-core CPU, no earth-shakings specs you'd say.
This is because the former owner -my wife- got a new phone. Now I'm not much of a mobile phone user (I still used an old Nokia running Symbian up till now), but the specks of her new phone let me drop my jaw. Her Huawei P Smart is supposed to be a 'light' mobile phone, but it features an octo-core HiSilicon Kirin 659 CPU with an ARM Mali-T830 MP2 GPU and runs Android 8.0

This puts many an Android TV to shame. My son appears to have a mobile phone with even better specs. We seem to be doing something wrong, crunching as we do, or I've missed something more while hiding under a rock. I think we shouldn't be trying to let Native Boinc run under Android 5.1 (or higher), we should aim at a New Native Boinc, integrated with a BOINC Tasks-like interface to run our crunching farms from our Android Smartphones.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#33 Re: Android 5.1 and above ?

Post by Alez »

I've got a Huawei P9 Smart to, nice bit of kit, as good as my Google Nexus 5X was before it blew itself up .... probably due to BOINC.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#34 Re: Android 5.1 and above ?

Post by Dirk Broer »

Dirk Broer wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:56 amI think we shouldn't be trying to let Native Boinc run under Android 5.1 (or higher), we should aim at a New Native Boinc, integrated with a BOINC Tasks-like interface to run our crunching farms from our Android Smartphones.
BOINCTasks seems to have been thinking along similair lines:
BoincTasksCloud: Control BOINC from anywhere.
New, the connection now fully secured using ssl (https).
Allows you to control BOINC on your pad of phone all over the world.
Check out BoincTasks Cloud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Android”