credits slashed

Forum rules
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 credits slashed

Post by davidbam »

Project admin has cut the credits by 67% - each WU takes 3 times longer but still pays the same amount.

Well spotted @Hal Bregg https://universeathome.pl/universe/foru ... php?id=448

I've added my 2 cents worth but after completing current bunkers, I am done with Universe outside of challenges & sprints
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#2 Re: credits slashed

Post by Bryan »

I'll 2nd that motion!
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: credits slashed

Post by davidbam »

I have a funny feeling that GridCoin is the real problem here. If so, I wish he'd simply followed PrimeGrid's lead.
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#4 Re: credits slashed

Post by Bryan »

The server is showing 441k WU in the wild. Between the 2 of us we have 52% of them :twisted:

I think the issue is with the admin. Several years ago folks were having a credit discussion on a new project. He weighed in with his anti-inflation position. When EG wanted to make a run at Uni I was against it because we needed 120M just to get a single point. In the past I could only do 1.8M a day so that would have been a career to get there. So the credits are going to drop down about where they used to be. DAMN :x
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#5 Re: credits slashed

Post by davidbam »

Yeah - I've got a tad under 100,000 WU already crunched and a further 12,000 downloaded.

It didn't take me long to suss that something was wrong. Screen grab shows WU completed and average run time (hrs) on multiple instances on the same machine (the 1 and the 7 are WU which have errored). Check the last 5 lines
Screenshot from 2019-08-26 15-31-14.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#6 Re: credits slashed

Post by Bryan »

Are you running with HT on or off and is that a 2990?
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#7 Re: credits slashed

Post by davidbam »

2990wx with HT on. Not over-clocked. Why? :?
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#8 Re: credits slashed

Post by Bryan »

Your machine is kicking my 2990s butt big time. I haven't even seen a single WU complete in 26 minutes let along "average" that. I've had batches complete in 35 minutes but now most are taking an hour.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#9 Re: credits slashed

Post by davidbam »

I don't understand it either :lol: :lol: :lol:

My other one is *way* slower and supposedly is over-clocked AND has faster RAM. I started researching XMP profiles but lack the time to experiment at the moment - too busy developing btsk :wink: Here is same info for other 2990wx to make you feel better. It sucks by comparison
Screenshot from 2019-08-26 15-57-29.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#10 Re: credits slashed

Post by Bryan »

That looks more like what I've been seeing. I think it may just be the batches of WU that you picked up when you bunkered. Either that or don't touch a thing on the other one, it is golden :lol:

I'm still running the "263" WU and they have increased in running time. The earlier ones were quite a bit quicker.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Universe”