27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGrid

Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#21 Re: 27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGr

Post by Bryan »

davidBAM wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:54 pm I think I have probably ruined any chance we had of grabbing 5th place. I pulled my GPUs overnight to pile on the Collatz credits as I'd really like to get into the top 1000 for total credits on Boincstats before the New Year. Sorry, not the actions of a real team player :oops:
Shame on you :lol: Personal goals matter too! It is really nice when those and team goals happen to align but that is not always the case.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#22 Re: 27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGr

Post by davidbam »

Actually ... ... I may have partially redeemed myself - 128 CPU cores now crunching GPUGRID (as I reckon we are walking the Elves challenge)

It won't be much but it'll help - wish I'd thought of it 10 hours ago
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#23 Re: 27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGr

Post by davidbam »

make that 84 threads - it refuses to give CPU work to a freeBSD machine (even when other 'Linux' work comes its way). Grrrrrr
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#24 Re: 27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGr

Post by davidbam »

Phew - I feel a bit better about finishing 6th when I see the finishing points difference. No way would my GPUs have kept us in 5th place.

Well done team
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#25 Re: 27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGr

Post by davidbam »

perfectly understandable
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#26 Re: 27/12 - 30/12 "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 6th Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial - GPUGr

Post by Alez »

TSBT finished 6th from 12 teams.

Individual kudos to
scole of TSBT 5th
Megacruncher 11th
davidBAM 14th
MarkRBright 62nd
Philippe 117th
Alez 135th

Well done all
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “archive”