Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by Alez »

From forum
Due to some fraud made by part of the team, Me and Goofyx decides to cancel our activity on this project and finish all cooperation with rest of the team.
So, apologise to all volunteers but we had lost half year of work here, and I'm afraid than you too :(

Apologise...
and

I have to said with big pain in my heart but at this moment DD@H is buried :( I don't know how long this domain will be work because we aren't it's owner.

This is VERY SAD moment for us (admins) because we put into this many hours of our work to run it.
I hope you will be still trust us (me and Krzysztof) in our acctuall and future projects.

Looks like Most of the server daemons are disabled and I can't return any work.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by Alez »

Update from forum

We just get a news this morning, that we (me and Krzysztof), co-founders of DD@H and SONM.IO platforms was kicked out from SONM with breaking written and signed agreement, without any sensible explanation from our Russian colleagues...
In fact, we lost trust for their intentions as we (after few hours of very difficult discussions) found, that their just use our job to create scam project to collect money from investors.
Currently we discuss future steps what we should make.

So, as we wrote before, we have to apologise all of you and just finish work on this server and be in hope, that you will join us in eventual new project when the all mess finish...

Krzysztof 'krzyszp' Piszczek
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#3 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by scole of TSBT »

I hope they land on their feet. Any idea if this was limited to the "business" side of the project or is there any chance there was rogue WUs being issued. That's my biggest fear running new projects or apps, malicious code being used.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#4 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by Alez »

Seems fraud on business side.

UPDATE

Disgusted to hear this, but to be truthful, I'm surprised that the use of BOINC for fraud or the project not doing what it claims is not more common.
I'm sure that no-one will blame you two admins as we all know the good work you both do with other projects and your team.
This will not affect my trust of the two of you for projects you currently run or launch in the future.
Looks like time to dump my remaining units here and detach.

Thank you.
In fact, applications was doing what we wrote - I'm personally compiled it from sources.
The problem arrive with SONM - which was "mother" of DD@H - there is very suspicious activity of persons who takes control over project, so we don't want to be connected with them any way, even with our contracts which was broken by others...
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#5 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by scole of TSBT »

SIMAP and POEM both went private didn't they? Wonder if DD@H is struggling with backers who want to do the same thing, except maybe let volunteers continue to do the crunching for too long. :roll: Jeez, I needed less than 800 hours to hit the 5k mark on Smina for mol2. Project is dead now. :cry:
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#6 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by scole of TSBT »

Doesn't look like DD@H have resolved the issues. Something interesting though. The other company mentioned in the forum posts, SONM, appears to be focused on implementing a blockchain architecture. i.e. cryptocurrency. And the DD@H project founder was listed as one the company team members. https://sonm.io/team/
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#7 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by Alez »

As far as I remember DD@H had intended to reward crunchers by giving them a form of cryptocurrency to crunch for them.
The two admins have pulled all their apps and scripts from the server so simply an empty boinc server there now.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#8 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by scole of TSBT »

Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#9 Re: Alleged fraud at DrugDiscovery@Home

Post by Bryan »

And it's showing bunches of work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic