Post by Bryan »

They've pulled the plug on the project: HERE
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: Xansons is dead

Post by davidbam »

one less choice on the FB Sprint then
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#3 Re: Xansons is dead

Post by Alez »

From Vlad,
The inability of the project to provide sufficient number of WUs for everyone provokes major server overloads during the WU generation each two weeks. These overloads significantly complicate downloading/uploading of the work. Continuing the project will cause an unpleasant experience for the participants.

Considering that the power of BOINC is actually not required for this project since the project reached its goal in September 2017, I think this is a right moment to finally end XANSONS for COD.

I would like to thank everyone for helping the project all that time!
and
Also, some info about the database:

The database of diffraction patterns is offline since April because the data center at the Institute for Information Transmission Problems of RAS in which it is hosted (also, this center is a hosting provider for the Acoustics@Home, USPEX@Home, SAT@Home, Optima@Home, Boinc.ru and some other non-boinc resources) is powered off and in the middle of moving to a new location. As soon as the data center will be powered on, the database will be back online. However, moving the academic data center to a new location is a long process because a lot of bureaucracy involved.
Guess I'll move it on over to the retirement home.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “XANSONS for COD”