minecraft MultiGPU, checkpointing, and another record breaking cactus (22 blocks tall)

News from the various BOINC projects, sniffed out for you by our lovable wee mutt.
Newshound
BOINC news desk
BOINC news desk

#1 minecraft MultiGPU, checkpointing, and another record breaking cactus (22 blocks tall)

Post by Newshound »

Finally, support for multiple GPUs and checkpointing has landed.
• If you have multiple GPUs, the research apps will now make use of all available GPUs.
• We now support Intel GPUs.
• If work is suspended, or your machine is powered off, checkpoints will now ensure work does not start from the beginning.
• You will also notice work estimates are far more accurate.
• You do not need to take any actions to enable these features.
• We are also taking steps to increase the priority of additional results added to workunits after computation errors. This in order to speed up validation of incomplete workunits.
Thank you to Hypprs, nicoboss, DutChen18, BalintCsala, and anyone else who was involved in testing and updating the app.

For the third time in 1 week, Minecraft@Home has broken the tallest cactus height record in normal terrain generation.
I present, a 22 block tall cactus
:

1.14.4 world seed: 11343195073417814, co-ordinates: 14955936 64 -3750655.

Congratulations to volunteer SirNapkin1334
, your host was responsible for locating this one!

While I have your attention, user profiles are now enabled, please ensure you create a user profile.
This will ensure you can be selected for 'user of the day'
which is displayed on the homepage.

Please post any issues on our message boards. Alternatively, for real-time discussion, join our Discord.

Source: https://minecraftathome.com/minecraftho ... .php?id=14
TSBT's update on all the news from the BOINC projects.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#2 Re: minecraft MultiGPU, checkpointing, and another record breaking cactus (22 blocks tall)

Post by Megacruncher »

Minecraft is a BOINC project now? Really? Boincstats say so, so it must be true. Formula Boinc have yet to twig.
And I see we have a TSBT presence already.
I'll save most of my modest resources for FB but I suppose a few cores won't do any harm.
Willie the Megacruncher
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#3 Re: minecraft MultiGPU, checkpointing, and another record breaking cactus (22 blocks tall)

Post by Alez »

Yes, It's a thing ......
There's even a forum on the board https://tsbt.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=257
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Newshound RSS feeds”