Brrr it's Cold

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
PecosRiverM
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#1 Brrr it's Cold

Post by PecosRiverM »

Sorry about not being around since Monday. Power has been shutdown (Wind Energy doesn't work when it's Frozen) because of a shortage.
At my house it went down ~7a Mon., came back at 3:30p Tues. and Back off at 6:30p. Finally on since 1:00a Wed.. :shock:

House gets awful cold w/o computers (or heater) running.. :roll:
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by scole of TSBT »

Are you off grid or was that out also?
Miklos M
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder
Butterfly Whisperer / Milkweeder

#3 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by Miklos M »

Just when you could have used the heat put out by the computers. Bad luck. I am glad your electricity is back on. I know what it is like when we have a hurricane and power is off. Finally after Irma I bought a Generex. It was worth it, the longest outage I have is 30 seconds and then it kicks on.
PecosRiverM
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#4 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by PecosRiverM »

It's "Rolling Blackouts" at work it's on for ~1 hour then off ~1 hour.. No Bread, Water at the store either. Panic buying at it's best.

Generex (or solar) will probably be next big house purchase now..was going to be the "Kitchen" upgrade. I do have Gas Heat, Hot Water and Heat. So I could cook and shower (with flashlight).
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#5 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by scole of TSBT »

PecosRiverM wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:15 am It's "Rolling Blackouts" at work it's on for ~1 hour then off ~1 hour.. No Bread, Water at the store either. Panic buying at it's best.

Generex (or solar) will probably be next big house purchase now..was going to be the "Kitchen" upgrade. I do have Gas Heat, Hot Water and Heat. So I could cook and shower (with flashlight).
Powerwall! Of course, you would need 20 to run your rigs.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#6 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by Megacruncher »

Cruncher Pete wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:54 am I am sitting in front of the screen with no shirt and only my pyjama shorts as I am sweating doing nothing.
Hell's bells Pete! Have a care! That's an image we may never be able be able to un-imagine!
Willie the Megacruncher
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#7 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by Dirk Broer »

Megacruncher wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 am
Cruncher Pete wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:54 am I am sitting in front of the screen with no shirt and only my pyjama shorts as I am sweating doing nothing.
Hell's bells Pete! Have a care! That's an image we may never be able be able to un-imagine!
I imagine a huge, solar-powered airco on top of the shed where Pete sheds his sweat
PecosRiverM
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#8 Re: Brrr it's Cold

Post by PecosRiverM »

PShane of TSBT wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:54 am my pyjama shorts
What are those? I thought we were suppose to sleep in the suit God gave us.. :think:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”