Quote of the Day

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by davidbam »

Indeed. :-)

I remember having an argument with someone about attainment levels in Education. They completely refused to accept my throwaway assertion that 50% of pupils were below average.

Their argument wasn't even sophisticated enough to prove me wrong based on the pupils who were precisely ON average.
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Alez »

Diplomacy
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#3 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Alez »

For good or for ill, air mastery is today the supreme expression of military power and fleets and armies, however vital and important, must accept a subordinate rank. - Winston Churchill. ( even today the 'senior' services still have a problem with this :D )
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#4 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Dirk Broer »

davidBAM wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:58 amI remember having an argument with someone about attainment levels in Education. They completely refused to accept my throwaway assertion that 50% of pupils were below average.
By definition you are right -and the opposite is true also : 50% of pupils will be above average.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#5 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by davidbam »

Dirk Broer wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:31 am By definition you are right -and the opposite is true also : 50% of pupils will be above average.
Precisely :D

I think the individual concerned was probably confusing an average with an exam pass-mark :roll:
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#6 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by davidbam »

What have you done to the cat, Erwin? It looks half-dead --- Mrs Schrödinger
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#7 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by davidbam »

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured -- Mark Twain
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#8 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by davidbam »

There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t

(source not known)
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#9 Re: Quote of the Day

Post by Alez »

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Winston S. Churchill
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”