Missing projects from boincstats

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#1 Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Hal Bregg »

Hi guys,

I changed recently email ion boincstats.com. Not all the projects got updated so I had to to do it manually.
Now I have only 3 out of 14 projects visible in my profile.

Additionally when checking Universe@home signature I got 'Invalid ID'. And my total points are completely wrong (signature shows slightly over 120k instead of well over 300k)

What is going on?
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#2 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by scole of TSBT »

Do all of the projects and boincstats use the same email address and username?
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#3 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Bryan »

You've probably created what is called a "split CPID". That means that some of the projects are appearing under 1 CPID and some of the projects are using a different CPID. Your cross project id (CPID) is based on your email address.

I run projects on a junk account until I get them to 1M and then I change the email address so it moves to my main BOINC account. Usually you can't just change the email address and have them magically appear on the correct stats account because it has created a split CPID.

The way to correct that is to take a machine or two and run a few WU on one of the projects that is appearing correctly. Then take those machines and detach/reattach to one of the projects not showing correctly. Run a few WU on the bad project. On the next stats update or the one after that the CPID should correct itself.

If you have retired projects where you can't change the email address to the new one you will lose those in your stats to never been seen again. Unless of course you change your email address back to what it was on all your projects.
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#4 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Hal Bregg »

Bryan wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 pm
The way to correct that is to take a machine or two and run a few WU on one of the projects that is appearing correctly. Then take those machines and detach/reattach to one of the projects not showing correctly. Run a few WU on the bad project. On the next stats update or the one after that the CPID should correct itself.
Should I detach hosts from projects not listed on boinstats first?
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#5 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Bryan »

Yes, you don't want to run those hosts on the missing project until everything is back to normal.
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#6 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Hal Bregg »

Thanks for clarification, Bryan.

Let's see what is going to happen.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#7 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Alez »

You can also run a project on all your systems to stop it happening. I run both goofygrid and WUprop on everything, so my stats always line up regardless of changes.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#8 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Hal Bregg »

I am sorry guys, but I am giving up on boincstats temporarily. I really appreciate your help and efforts to help me out.
My level of anger and frustration reached maximum. So not to get things worse I stop caring about stats atm.
I can still see my stats on free-dc.

I will focus on crunching projects. Nothing changes in regards to my membership in your team.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#9 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Alez »

Consent to export stats are now required by

Albert@home
Einstein@Home
LHC@Home
LHCathome-dev
World Community Grid
WUprop

If these projects are missing then you need to allow stat export on the individual projects
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#10 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Hal Bregg »

Hello all,

Sorry for lashing out in my last post. I just had few stressful weeks.
Speaking of BOINC stats, as I was not getting nowhere despite following you advice. It would have worked if I had given boincstats some time to update everything.
So to resolve the issue I detached all projects, renamed my username on boinstats to different one, let some projects run on one few hosts and renamed my username on boincstat again to my original one. It wasn't exactly in that order but it eventually worked. Kind of, as some individual projects stats still display 'invalid id' when generating signature.
And I ended up in having one host to be listed mutiple times. I know that inactive hosts will be removed after some time, so I have nothing to worry about.
Alez wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am Consent to export stats are now required by

Albert@home
Einstein@Home
LHC@Home
LHCathome-dev
World Community Grid
WUprop

If these projects are missing then you need to allow stat export on the individual projects
I did this right after annoucemnt was published about it.
Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#11 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Bryan »

It's great that things are starting to work out Hal. It can be VERY VERY frustrating at times. We've all been there at one time or another.
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#12 Re: Missing projects from boincstats

Post by Hal Bregg »

Thanks, Bryan. I'm happy to hear I am not alone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”