Stupid Acts

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 Re: Stupid Acts

Post by davidbam »

OH NO !!!

Bummer doesn't exactly do it justice but I will avoid stronger expletives for the children's sake.

Looking for vaguely optimistic angles, I wonder if the CPU and/or RAM might still be okay ????
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#2 Re: Stupid Acts

Post by Megacruncher »

Bummer indeed.
But as David indicates the chances are that the MoBo fried before the CPU. Your Threadripper may well live to rip threads another day.
I confess I’ve buggered a couple of keyboards with spilt drinks and knackered a top end laptop with a gin & tonic. Basically you need to build a separate booze shelf somewhere within easy reach but not directly beside or above anything expensive & vulnerable.
Willie the Megacruncher
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#3 Re: Stupid Acts

Post by Alez »

I work on the basis that booze and mobo's do not meet. I stick to a keyboard and mouse within the kill zone and nothing else or I have no idea how many systems I would have killed by now..... You're not the first, nor will you be the last .
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: Stupid Acts

Post by davidbam »

Oh sh1t - looks like one of the more-expensive beers :( :(
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”