More forum changes

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.

What do you think of the new look ?

Yeah, I love it
100%
Meah, It's OK
No votes
Nah, It's awful
No votes
OMG, MY retinas are burning, it BURNS, it BURNS.
No votes
What new look ? What's this about refreshing my browser ? Nothing to see here, carry on.
No votes
Being different scares me .... I want a standard phpBB please so I can stop hiding behind the sofa.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#21 Re: More forum changes

Post by Alez » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:12 am

Cheers Pete,
One of the issues is that I haven't been home since I made these changes ( been home for 1 day in the last 5 weeks ), so I only see what I produce on MY phone and MY laptop. I need feedback from silver etc to tell me what is right or what is wrong with the changes. The colours look right on my laptop, doesn't mean they are right for the majority of devices, so until I see it on my own monitor etc I don't know.
I toned the yellowness down on silvers feedback, maybe I still haven't gone far enough.
Don't worry about the amount of time I put in, you're not going to hurt my feelings etc. I would rather get critisism and put it right, than have people not using a style because it's bad.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....

Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#22 Re: More forum changes

Post by Bryan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Okay I voted even though I don't feel I have that right ... being a yank and all :lol:

I didn't even know which flavor I was running until I checked. I'm very comfortable with the Prosilver TSBT version.

The only thing I'm having to get used to is the names and Avatars being on the right instead of the left but that is no big deal.

You've done a fantastic job on this Alez!! Thank you.

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#23 Re: More forum changes

Post by Alez » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Bryan wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:30 pm
Okay I voted even though I don't feel I have that right ... being a yank and all :lol:
We do try to tolerate you ungrateful colonials etc. etc. :text-lol:
Bryan wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:30 pm
The only thing I'm having to get used to is the names and Avatars being on the right instead of the left but that is no big deal.
Can't blame me for that, it's been that way since I upgraded the board to the new 3.2.0 release :teasing-neener:
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....

Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#24 Re: More forum changes

Post by Bryan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Alez wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm
Can't blame me for that, it's been that way since I upgraded the board to the new 3.2.0 release :teasing-neener:
It makes it difficult. In the past I could look at the avatar on the left and immediately see it was yours so I knew I could skip that post. Now I wind up reading the post before realizing who did it :pottytrain2:

Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#25 Re: More forum changes

Post by Alez » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Bryan wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 pm
Alez wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm
It makes it difficult. In the past I could look at the avatar on the left and immediately see it was yours so I knew I could skip that post. Now I wind up reading the post before realizing who did it :pottytrain2:
And now I know why you spent so much time sitting at the back of the classroom :banana-dreads:

Bryan
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#26 Re: More forum changes

Post by Bryan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:33 am

Actually they usually put me up front within arms reach of my teacher and her ruler :lol:

Cruncher Pete
Boinc Colonel
Boinc Colonel

#27 Re: More forum changes

Post by Cruncher Pete » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:48 am

Bryan wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:33 am
Actually they usually put me up front within arms reach of my teacher and her ruler :lol:
It seems you did not learn from that experiance. When I was put up front for the same reason I reacted and from that moment I was allowed to sit whereever I wanted. Her favourite trick was to pull you up from the chair by your ears than when you were upright she let go and slap you in the face. I reacted defencibly and automatically by picking up my pencil case and slapped her in the leg causing some considerable damage. On investigation of the incident by the headmaster revealed that I was in my right for teachers in the first place were not allowed to physically punish a pupil and secondly, it was not I who caused the problem in the first place. In her mind I did not exist from than on. This was the best move I made for at exam time she did not dare to fail me so I got off with better marks than I desered.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”