Guests see first post only of any topic

General News and Banter all users and guests can see this forum.
Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 Guests see first post only of any topic

Post by Alez »

I'm currently trailing this across the forum. Guests will only see the first 150 characters on nearly every sub-forum. Team members should simply sign up. It's not hard to do and we'd love to have you posting on the forum and join in shaping how the team develops.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#2 Re: Guests see first post only of any topic

Post by Alez »

The whole forum bar a few subforums, General and Guest access being the main, is now private. Guests can only see the first 150 characters of the first post on any given subject. Basically to read forum now you need to register and log in. ie We are no longer an open book for the whole internet, privacy has arrived at TSBT.
Whether this is a good thing or not we will see, but allowing everyone access did not encourage participation and in some cases may even have hindered as I'm sure not everyone wants the whole world to read their posts should they desire to.

To summerise.

open for view.
Guest Access Forum
General
Newshound RSS feeds
Welcome
Retired Projects
Non-BOINC Projects

Active Membership to view ( need to request )
Blog Spot
Formula BOINC [PRIVATE]
Pirate Tips and Performance Enhancements
AP team comps and crunching

All other forums are open to register users.

If any user has a problem accessing a forum or sub forum please report it to me here
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General”