WU errors

davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 WU errors

Post by davidbam »

I decided to take a wee speculative bunker in advance of the Sprint

11 out of 64 WU have errored on a 2990wx which seems a little strange (linux, not OC)

Anyone else noticed this please? Maybe it has happened before but, running open, I wouldn't necessarily have noticed
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

nods

Now up to 18 and all on 2990wz, no errors at all on Intel or raspberry pi
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

Actually there is no need (or possibility) to bunker - WU report home even when closed to network.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

I guess it is just a flag which it chooses to ignore. Can you see if it is the same in Windows please? Just note the account balance on a machine which you have locked down & then look again a few hours later
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#5 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

Hmmm - just checked "STATS today" in https://tsbt.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=203

You haven't leaked anything. Wonder if it is a Linux thing or whether I've remembered it all wrong
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#6 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

DHEP (Linux) definitely updating credit score despite network comms being off
UBT - Woodles
Boinc Corporal
Boinc Corporal

#7 Re: WU errors

Post by UBT - Woodles »

Once the application is running it connects directly to the University of Sussex server, it doesn't go via Boinc. Same in Windows or Linux.

Changing the network access in Boinc has no effect, blocking the IP address at the router or pulling out the network cable works :D
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#8 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

still getting loads of errors on 2990wx, nothing else
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#9 Re: WU errors

Post by scole of TSBT »

how many active WUs are you running on that system? If only 32GB, trying limiting it to 16 active WUs at first if errors go away, increase a couple at a time. Just a guess. I'm running a few standalone client instances and they close to 1GB much of the time and may spike higher.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#10 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

yeah - only 32Gb in that machine so you might be onto something. Thanks
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#11 Re: WU errors

Post by davidbam »

The DHEP forums suggest this is a Java / OS / cpu issue but basically they were washing their hands of it. I'll check all is up to date and retry at a future date

Code: Select all

<core_client_version>7.14.2</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
process exited with code 195 (0xc3, -61)</message>
<stderr_txt>
09:58:22 (6905): wrapper (7.11.26016): starting
09:58:23 (6905): wrapper (7.11.26016): starting
09:58:23 (6905): wrapper: running ./jre-1.8.0/bin/java (-server -Xmx256m -Djava.security.policy=java.policy -Djava.rmi.server.useCodebaseOnly=false -jar ITClient.jar rmi.dhep.ga dubhnahUidhe davidBAM -i 30 -c 10 BoincUser_24960 The_Scottish_Boinc_Team)
10:00:52 (6905): ./jre-1.8.0/bin/java exited; CPU time 151.058308
10:00:52 (6905): app exit status: 0x9
10:00:52 (6905): called boinc_finish(195)

</stderr_txt>
]]>
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DHEP”