Motherboard recommendations

Forum to discuss and compare Hardware profiles and Benchmarking
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#1 Motherboard recommendations

Post by Alez »

What would be you're recommendations for a mobo capable of taking 3 660ti on similar GPU's. Must also have a socket free for a wireless card.
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Post by Janos (retired) »

I am a fan of Asus high end boards at the moment. I have a few and they are all rock solid and fast.

Click below for a handy selection tool.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/

Janos
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

Agreed, it's an ASUS p8 z77-v lx i've got on the main cruncher. Great board just, as seems to be the case with most, only 2 pci express slots and with dual width GPU's in place, there's not a lot of room left for much else. I have a 3rd GPU in the pci slot which only fitted due to the use of a hacksaw and the loss of half it's heat sink :shock: :lol: :lol: Mounted a case fan above it and it runs the coolest of the 3 !!!!
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

Anyone got any experience of this board ?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/MAXIMUS_V_EXTREME/
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Post by Janos (retired) »

I looked at it a few times but decided it was overkill for what I needed. I went with a P8.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

Tis a bit of over kill but i'm dreaming of 4 shiny new GTX 660 TI's warming the house up :wink: :wink: Pity I have to buy a new 7 1/2 ton lorry for horse transportation first !!!! Happy wife, happy life and all that :shock:
Price not all that different on Amazon anyway and it does have built in Wifi so that's a saving there....... Asus P8Z77-V Premium was my other choice and it's actually more expensive. So do I wait a bit or just have a few mojeto's and hit the one press buy option :twisted:
Gary Mc
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

Post by Gary Mc »

alezevo1 wrote:Tis a bit of over kill but i'm dreaming of 4 shiny new GTX 660 TI's warming the house up :wink: :wink: Pity I have to buy a new 7 1/2 ton lorry for horse transportation first !!!! Happy wife, happy life and all that :shock:
Price not all that different on Amazon anyway and it does have built in Wifi so that's a saving there....... Asus P8Z77-V Premium was my other choice and it's actually more expensive. So do I wait a bit or just have a few mojeto's and hit the one press buy option :twisted:
PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY! PRESS BUY!

Go on, you know you want to.

And remember the new top of the range power supply :idea:
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

1200w corsair psu spec'd. Hopefully will be enough :shock:
Just got to get this lorry sorted then see won't notice all the new box's turning up :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Benchmarking and Hardware”