Cheapo HP Server ML115

Forum to discuss and compare Hardware profiles and Benchmarking
sneakysaurus

#1 Cheapo HP Server ML115

Post by sneakysaurus »

Anyone else think this is a good value way to upgrade my BOINC cruching hardware?

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productprese ... =HPIA04FQT

£117 seems good to me for for the hardware. Ok a 1.8Ghz Opty isn't the quickest but isn't too bad. Best of all is the three year onsite warranty. Just run the server till it breaks, no more having to swap out broken PSU's HP will do that for you. So three years of worry free crunching.

There's also this one at £205:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productprese ... 26SB%3Dplh

Thoughts anyone on both of these?
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Second one looks good, dual core xeon, faster that the first and 2 WU crunching 8)
jockmacmad2
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

Post by jockmacmad2 »

Way too late I know but for info.

Interestingly I have an ML115 and opened it the other day. I notice it has a PCI-E x16 and x 1 slots. So you could stick a GPU in it and it's would be a cheap setup to get some GPU stats.

I would try with my GTX-260 on my desk but it's my VoiP server and it ain't backed up. Don't fancy a week of re-installation and stress lol.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

I would try with my GTX-260 on my desk but it's my VoiP server and it ain't backed up. Don't fancy a week of re-installation and stress lol.
I'm obviously missing something here, but isn't that the best bit of computer ownership? :? Any true PC enthusiast lives by the maxim "If it's not broken then upgrade it until it is!"

I installed a new ASDL Modem router yesterday (the WiFi was a bit unreliable on the old one) and to tell the truth I was a wee bit dissappointed when it all went according to the Plug & Play plan. I'd been quite looking forward to the hassle & drama of reverting to dial-up for a few days for my network of 9 desktops and 2 laptops. Sadly it was not to be. :roll:
Willie the Megacruncher
jockmacmad2

Post by jockmacmad2 »

Ahh indeed but I'm breaking another machine at the moment and it is going very well.

My VOIP line is for work so gotta try to have that as the 1 stable machine lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Benchmarking and Hardware”