How to optimise Collatz on a gpu

Using your nVidia or AMD Graphics card for BOINC computation.
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#31 Re: How to optimise Collatz on a gpu

Post by Alez »

I thought I did write a dummy's guide :D Though it could be done with an update. Added to to do list.... Boinc has finally changed over to calling ATI AMD years after the change. At least a few project developers have :D
With the four new units choices available for collatz you now have many config files , micro, mini, solo, and large depending on your choices on your account page at collatz . Simply paste the changes into each one as each is originally empty. When I said open , as Scole said, find the config file, right click on it and open with notepad. If you are having problems then pm me and I can walk you through it step by step. With your 7990 you should be flying through these at a ferocious rate.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
robmacagain
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

#32 Re: How to optimise Collatz on a gpu

Post by robmacagain »

Arr matey, i have just gone and sussed it out :D.

As i type it has completed 50% in 11:00 and 11:07 respectively.

What it was were > solo_collatz_4.07_windows_x86_64_opencl_amd_gpu was opening in Microsoft Visual Studio and it brought the window up but wouldn't let me read the file, so i changed it to open with notepad then it opened and it let me do the.....
verbose=0
items_per_kernel=20
kernels_per_reduction=9
threads=8
sleep=1

Abandoned the 2 it was doing rebooted and voila, cheers.

EDIT: gpu usage has shot up from 34% to now 96% and the 1st 2 units have completed in 21:57 and 22:46 solo units that is :bounce:.

Temperature's up from 62c to 82c, that's ok the card can run at 85c max continually according to Msi.

EDIT 2 : just checked the last 3 hours worth on Temujin Stats and its banging 60,000+ an hour out, ferocious indeed!!!

Am only running the cache i got last night down and that's me till next weekend.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)”