How to run and control multiple cards

Using your nVidia or AMD Graphics card for BOINC computation.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#21 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by scole of TSBT »

So you have the app_config.xml you have cpu_usage and gpu_usage set to .25? Does that provide better overall throughput?
robmacagain
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

#22 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by robmacagain »

scole250 wrote:So you have the app_config.xml you have cpu_usage and gpu_usage set to .25? Does that provide better overall throughput?
Hmmm yeah it does its doing 8 in between 1.30 and 1.35 so at 1.35 its 16.875 seconds per unit where as without it it was doing one in roughly 20 seconds so yes its quicker and you can do more.
robmacagain

#23 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by robmacagain »

I have had to abandon my 2 gpu thing for a short time as when i have the 2nd one in the 7990 gets ridiculously hot like 100c+ and then the protection on the card kicks in and slows the thing down to 500mhz and still hits 90c+, it was sitting in the pcie slot under the 7990 and blocking the air flow to it, so its out for now and i have ordered a water cooling rig for the cpu which will arrive next week sometime but i am out of funds till next pay day now so i cant extend the loop till June the 8th as the gfx block is £112 so when i get it up and running i will slap the hd 7750 back in as it shouldn't matter when its water cooled, that's if i don't fubar it and blow all my comp up with a water leak :lol:.
Silver
Boinc Brigadier
Boinc Brigadier

#24 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by Silver »

Ooooh, sounds like you'll be having some fun soon then!!
I'll look forward to your updates on water cooling, it's something that has crossed my mind but I haven't got any closer than doing some reading so far
robmacagain

#25 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by robmacagain »

Ha just wangled some ca$h out of the missis (a loan till payday 8))
and went went to overclockers.co.uk and ordered > http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =WC-365-EK with two compression fittings for it, will be here on Tuesday and so should the loop from watercooling :D.
I'm in for some fun.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#26 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by scole of TSBT »

I see you are going to cool your cpu and 7990. What radiator and pump are you going to use? I'm still a newbie to water cooling, but my i7 3770k uses all of a 240mm and another similar cpu uses all of a double thick, duel fan 120mm. They are both closed, self contained systems though.
robmacagain

#27 Re: How to run and control multiple cards

Post by robmacagain »

Alpha cool pump/res, 240 mm radiator 2 x 120mm fans, phoybia cpu cooler, 8 x compression fittings, 3 meters of 10/8 mm tubing and a EK Water Blocks EK-FC7990 SE - Acetal for the 7990, i will post everything in the thread i have created as i get going :).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)”