200+ Hour Sztaki Work Units

MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

#1 200+ Hour Sztaki Work Units

Post by MacDitch »

I just saw this and was so amused I had to post. I have two of these monster units (each already at 100 hours) which gives me six co-crunchers. (Each unit is sent to four crunchers.)

So far, the only cancelled unit is by FlyinfocRS of the Scottish Boinc Team! :D :D

NB. There is still nothing useful coming from the Admin over there. His only comment at this time fails completely to recognise the fact that everyone has far more work than they can possibly do. Here it is, as posted on Sztaki's Forum:
Hi Everyone,

due to the characteristics of the application it is hard to predict the running times of the workunits. Some will finish quick, some will take some time. However, the workunits - no matter how long they take to finish - are useful for the project and they are not defective. Please let your computer finish as much as it can, before the deadlines. Those which remain unprocessed after the reach of the deadline will be taken care by the server and will be sent out once more with a new deadline.

However, it is a problem that too many workunits gets sent out. I'm working on a solution for this.

==Adam
Image Image
FlyingfocRS
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 1
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 1

Post by FlyingfocRS »

I cancelled a load as I had over 50 of them and no way they would complete in time.
Then I got a few with computation errors after 70+ hours so binned the rest.
Did complete a couple though. :wink:
utopia-i
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

Post by utopia-i »

I tried this project - my first WU just finished - 50 hours - no issues - pending credit

Over Success Done 181,772.20 369.70 pending

I'm on my second WU now unless ... :?:
... is that apple pie I smell

MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

Well, one of my two work units died at 8:30 this morning - CPU Time exceeded. That's 140 hours of cpu time down the drain, and I ssupect the second unit (which was about three hours behind) will be hitting the same wall very soon....

The good news? At least my computer will be able to do something else and I may start getting credit again! :)
Image Image
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

I had a SZDG unit which errored after 103hrs. :roll:
All my PCs have now detatched from the project.
Willie the Megacruncher
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

Over Success Done 181,772.20 369.70 pending
WOW! That's pretty measly. I haven't looked to see what machine you're running but at a guess 7.32 cr/h is pretty lame. Although, it is better than I got - the second unit bombed as predicted leaving me with almost 300 hours for nowt. :roll:

Ah well, they had all these problems last time round as well.
Image Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Retired Projects”