COLLATZ

Forum rules
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Excellent. Resetting is always a good thing to try first- so much quicker and less risky than upgrading your drivers or client!
Willie the Megacruncher
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

#32 Collatz server down

Post by aardvark »

Looks like the Collatz server is down, first noticed about ten minutes ago. Hope it comes back up soon :?
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#33 Re: Collatz server down

Post by Megacruncher »

Looks like the Collatz server is down, first noticed about ten minutes ago. Hope it comes back up soon :?
I certainly hope so - Collatz is our biggest project just now, providing 85% of our current credit!
Willie the Megacruncher
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

#34 Cllatz Back up

Post by aardvark »

Back up again. Perhaps it was a service period ?
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

I got a problem with Collatz on one of my machines. Or should I say I have a problem with drivers. Keep getting the message that I need to upgrade my driver on the NVIDIA card. Only problem being that NVIDIA do not suport Windoze 2000. Anyone know hw to get round this, because at the moment, nothing will run on that computer GPU wise
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

Looks like a change of OS is needed :shock:

You could always try Linux, or see if anybody has an old copy of XP etc that they no longer use.
Other than that I can't think of anything that would work. Windows 7 is on sale to students for £30, so if you know any students that may be able to help. All that is needed is a registered Uni' email address.
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

might try linux, is ubuntu the best/simplest system to install? 32 or 64? Grr. I hate being new to things lol
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

NVidia don't officially have CUDA drivers for W2K but I always found that the WXP 32 bit ones worked fine in my, only recently retired, W2K cruncher.
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

Megacruncher wrote:NVidia don't officially have CUDA drivers for W2K but I always found that the WXP 32 bit ones worked fine in my, only recently retired, W2K cruncher.
Thank you, managed to find an XP driver that worked, back crunching Collatz again :)
rowpie
Peon

Post by rowpie »

is this project up or down right now? trying to get some CUDA love going on here after getting peeved with gpu grid and i cant see the web site.
ianmbaker2
Boinc Corporal
Boinc Corporal

Post by ianmbaker2 »

Yep, Collatz has crashed and burned. I don't think it could stand the strain of all the ex-MW crunchers hitting it for tasks for their ATI cards.

Ian
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

Collatz now back online, here come the credits :D
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

The problems with Collatz were a triple whammy of basic instability, too many Milkyway refugees & their chief server-kicker going on holiday for 2 weeks.

He came back just as I was resigned to switching the nVidias to Seti and having the ATIs idle.

The credits are a trickle rether than a torrent so far but hopefully we will get a few million from it later today.
Willie the Megacruncher
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

There go my first CUDA WUs on a MAC OS X system thanks to the guys on Collatz :D

Not that I'll be impressing anybody it's only a 9600M GT and it basically means I have to reduce the CPU unit's to one at a time so as not to fry the keyboard... :roll:
Anchula-Mark

Post by Anchula-Mark »

Collatz is back up but you need a boinc restart

The power is back on, and the network is now up as well. For the next week or so, Collatz will be testing an alternate Internet provider. That means that the IP address has changed so you will need to restart your BOINC client in order to upload your results and get more work. I would appreciate any feedback as to how well the new connection is working or not working, whichever the case may be.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Collatz Conjecture”