GPUGrid New Nvidia application 60% faster

Forum rules
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

#1 GPUGrid New Nvidia application 60% faster

Post by aardvark »

A new Beta GPUGrid Nvidia application is being launched very soon, could be interesting.

See http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=1547
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

I'll crunch it & see how it goes. Since Collatz & Milkyway came along our GPUGrid crunching has become miniscule because of the better credits they offer. This might just level out the playing field.
Willie the Megacruncher
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

This might just level out the playing field.
I was thinking along the same lines, I'll try a couple of WU's each night, there are supposedly some Betas appearing this week. I will shout if I see any.
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

Some WU's now released. I picked up a couple about 10 minutes ago, If you're really quick you might grab a couple, So far so good, I estimate about 5.5-6 Hours as opposed to about 9 hours or so for older WU's.
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

First two of the GPUGrid beta work units finished after approximately five hours and seven minutes each returning 6,080 credits each.There might be a flaw in as much as each task uses 100% of a core, be it multithreaded or not. But in both cases taking the same time to complete. So thats 24/5 X 6080 credits per GTX260 (216 core 55nm) per day. Say approx' 28000 credits per card ? Not quite up to the Collatz credit rating yet, but not too far away.
aardvark
Boinc Colour Sergeant
Boinc Colour Sergeant

Post by aardvark »

New application is now out. To receive only the new WU's you need to go to your gpugrid preferences within your gpugrid account and make sure only the "ACEMD ver 2.0" box is ticked. Both windows & Linux WU's available (6.01 windows & 6.02 Linux). This new WU completes on my GTX260 (216 core, 55nm, XFX factory O/C) in about 5 Hrs 50 mins. The older style WU was typically just under 9 Hours. So should reflect approx' 50% improvement on throughput ( and credits ).
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#7 Re: GPUGrid New Nvidia application 60% faster

Post by davidbam »

I've stopped getting GPUGRID jobs for nVidia / Linux :( Shame because they paid pretty well (miles better than SETI )

Maybe they are out of work for the moment
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#8 Re: GPUGrid New Nvidia application 60% faster

Post by davidbam »

I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#9 Re: GPUGrid New Nvidia application 60% faster

Post by Alez »

There are other GPU projects for you to explore should you wish to dip your toes. I'm about to start crunching Moo Wrapper on my nV cards for Anguillian Pirates for the next few days as we approach the end on the Formula BOINC year long competition. Enigma pays very well, Primegrid has tons of maths apps for GPU's, Einstein or Albert at home, milkyway, amicable numbers etc. Seti pays the worst of all GPU apps, Collatz pays the best.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#10 Re: GPUGrid New Nvidia application 60% faster

Post by davidbam »

I did try SETI very briefly but cancelled after (a) I saw how badly it paid and (b) I got p1ssed off at how many work units they downloaded (in breach of, I believe, the time interval I'd specified). And I did truly abort the jobs which I don't like doing - I much prefer to honour everything I've been given to crunch. In truth, I'm not really turned on by the Seti project anyhow

Crunching on Primegrid on nVidia now but am seeing some GPUGRID jobs again now too :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GPUgrid”