S.E.T.I

robmacagain
Boinc Warrant Officer Class 2

#1 S.E.T.I

Post by robmacagain »

Is anybody running this who posts on here know whats happening with it, i keep trying to get some work and it says "no work available" ive been trying now for weeks and im getting a tad fed up trying, i know the returns are not great from it but i wanna do it :( .
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

Seems to be working fine here for me. Returning and getting new units fine.

It was a bit dodgy last week but it sorted itself out.
robmacagain

Post by robmacagain »

Are you getting cpu or gpu units? i dont want cpu ones as when i tried some cpu ones on prime grid my cpu was running too hot was hitting 70c and the top of my case by my top extractor fan was too very hot to touch!
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

I've just come home and noticed that the Seti units seemed to have dried up at the moment, neither my work machine or home machine are getting/have any at the moment.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

I think the SETI server spends an awfull lot of time being maintained but I've just got CPU units from it no bother at all. At least once you have them their shelf life is pretty long. Keep trying and read your messages to see whats up if it doesn't work.
Willie the Megacruncher
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

It might be worth detaching then reattaching to the project. I find that helps with a few projects if they dry up unexpectedly (obviously make sure the project has work first)
robmacagain

Post by robmacagain »

Yes have tried that and still diddly :(
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

The only other thing I can think of is to check your settings to make sure you haven't accidently set it to not accept any more work.
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

When the SETI site comes back up again check the applications section for CUDA versions with which they are compatible.

Current CUDA for Windows 7 from NVIDIA is 4.0 (270.81) for 64-bit and 32-bit versions but I haven't found any projects with applications that run with this version. Primegrid seems to use 2.3 (190.38 ) for Windows on both it's Cuda apps and I have to use an optimised app for Collatz to run with Cuda 3.2 drivers on OS X. None of these work with Cuda 4.0 drivers... at least on OS X...

Just in case... check the BOINC log to see if it has recognised the cuda drivers and versions at start up... :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “SETI”