Seti Server

darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

Most of my units have now uploaded but there are still some to go. Probably a busy upload queue with everyone handing them in.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

3 days later and SETI is still a bit iffy. Worst of all it hasn't exported any stats in 4 days. When it does get at least 265K extra credits on to our score - much more if they leave it any longer. :?
Willie the Megacruncher
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Finally, SETI exported stats so the current overall Boinc tally is "94,715,897 Comprising 94,279,355 from the daily update + 436,542 since then"
:D 8)
Willie the Megacruncher
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

Seti are having another little problem today.

[/code]
"September 11, 2008
We are having minor problems with the science database, so you may be experiencing difficulty trying to download new workunits"
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

Upload Server Issues

Our upload server is having disk problems. The whole project is down until this is fixed. It may be a day or two.

19 Jan 2011 0:03:45 UTC

From Seti website
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Thought I'd revive this old thread.

For a couple of weeks I've been having trouble downloading work for SETI. Occasionally I get 'no work available ' but more and more frequently I get WUs which download so slowly that, with the CUDA ones at least, I'm crunching them much faster than I'm downloading them.

I get a bunch: The first 2 start downloading but slowly [ <1kbps] then stop. Once they timeout manager then tackles the rest of the bunch with similar slow and partial success . If you have nothing better to do than monitor the situation and repeatedly hit the retry now button you can speed things up a bit but not that much.

Anyone else with the same problem & any advice? It's fair holding me/us back. I'm missing out on 10-20K per day for SETI because of this & so is TSBT. :(
Willie the Megacruncher
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

There is probably not a lot you can do about it as the download servers are at their limit - seems to be a SETI tradition. I am having the same problem as sometimes it wont download SETI units or does so infrequently end even on CPU I can do them faster than they can send them sometimes. Earlier this year they talking about retiring Anakin and Vader, the two download servers , and using Georgem instead... they appear not to have done that yet... ;-)

Only way around it is to set a long cache for work units (say 5-10 days) and wait patiently for it the cache to build up to a decent level. Not sure this would work with GPUs processing the WUs.

You can also try configuring the internet connection to connect only once in a while rather than permanently this might give you some priority on the download queue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “SETI”