PITA project

Forum rules
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 PITA project

Post by davidbam »

Raspberry Pi - missed its deadline despite running for over 10-1/2 flipping DAYS

I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#2 Re: PITA project

Post by Dirk Broer »

My advice would be a 4 GB Raspberry Pi 4 with a 64-bit OS, but by the looks of it:
  • Raspberry Pi running Raspian Linux (arm) 102.10
  • Raspberry Pi running Raspian Linux (armv6l) 102.10
It wouldn't matter much, the 64-bit OS. The Cortex-A72 does, and the 4 GB might too.
Anybody fancy to try it with a 4 GB Odroid-N2?

According to WuProp you'd best use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S for this project while crunching on ARM. It takes on average 14.5 hours to process a WU.
Now we all know that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S has either a 2300 MHz quad-core Samsung Krait 400 SoC, or a big.LITTLE Samsung Exynos octa-core consisting of a 1900 Mhz Quad Cortex-A15 plus a 1300 Mhz Quad Cortex-A7, so that may account for the spread 13.9 - 15.5 hours per WU.

The data of WuProp looks dated -pun intended- though, no new SoCs, and they only seem to show Android running devices.
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#3 Re: PITA project

Post by Dirk Broer »

Asteroids is back!

I even have some tasks running on my Android-9 running Odroid-N2+.... All still tests, no credits yet.

I already asked for a armv8 application...and they have started handing out credits.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Asteroids”