Milky Way time travel

Forum rules
Storme

#1 Milky Way time travel

Post by Storme »

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/for ... php?id=855
Milky Way seems to have warped back in time to mid-May, and lost all results since then. There's new work being sent out now, but it's aborted all previous results that were in progress or finished.

Some people in that thread are suspending the project until there's news about whether the new credit may be lost if they go to a previous backup to fix things.
steve

#2 Re: Milky Way time travel

Post by steve »

Storme wrote:http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/for ... php?id=855
Milky Way seems to have warped back in time to mid-May, and lost all results since then. There's new work being sent out now, but it's aborted all previous results that were in progress or finished.

Some people in that thread are suspending the project until there's news about whether the new credit may be lost if they go to a previous backup to fix things.

AYE IT'S GONE T*TS UP FOR SURE
Nightlord

Post by Nightlord »

Milkyway Home Page

Server Crash Update
July 29, 2009
Looks like labstaff is in the process of restoring the lost data right now. Hopefully we didn't lose too much after the restore is done.
Server Crash
July 29, 2009
Our database crashed or got corrupted this morning and it's looking we lost a lot of user accounts and credits. For now if you lost your account just make a new one. We're looking into this right now and are trying to restore all that we can.
--Travis

According to off site stats, susch as UBT, I'm down 2Million. I can however see my account on Milkyway and all details are correct there. So, at least in my case so far, no lost data or credits.

The forums are down over there, so it's difficult to see what gives other than the messages above. But, I can also crunch and return results and the server status page shows everything is up.

Perhaps more importantly to all this is what happened to the the science data. If they lost some, I may just have to get another ATI card to help re-crunch it all :roll:
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

Eeek! :shock:

... If I look at my task list it ain't me wot's running 'em! :D
ianmbaker2
Boinc Corporal
Boinc Corporal

Post by ianmbaker2 »

Hi,
I just checked my account on the MW site, and all my credits are back, also showing up correctly in my BOINC manager. Just need to wait for the stats sites to catch up. I probably only lost the units that were cancelled, so no harm done to me.

I think they have done a good job in getting the system restored and running so quickly.

Ian
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “MilkyWay”