high error rates on WU

Forum rules
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 high error rates on WU

Post by davidbam »

100% error rate on Rosetta WU on Linux - but only after they have run for hours and hours.

Any tips as to why please?
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

Any useful tips as to why please? :lol: :lol:
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

In truth, I was thinking that I might try putting windows on USB3 disks (is that easy enough?) and using them on an alternate boot. My big problem is that the machines are all over the house and none have keyboards or monitors so it'll be a nightmare to set them up unless I can can get TeamViewer to come up automatically.

This was mainly so that I could contribute something during the Gerasim sprint
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#4 Re: on Linux

Post by scole of TSBT »

Post the Stderr output from the Task details from the project website
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#5 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

Will do
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#6 Re: on Linux

Post by Dirk Broer »

Your Ubuntu box gets segmentation violations, your FreeBSD box has even more troubles.
Have you installed the 32-bit files too? They're needed for quite some BOINC apps...

On FreeBSD: did you read this? http://www.dotsch.de/boinc/FreeBSD_Linu ... howto.html
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#7 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

Thanks Dirk - not sure about the 32-bit files so I probably haven't installed them. You are right about the freeBSD box - seems it was running out of swap space trying to run 44 threads of Rosetta.

Your link seems to be under construction so will check back later to see if I've missed anything else but that box has happily crunched several different projects for 6 months or so
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#8 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

this one?

sudo apt install ia32-libs
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#9 Re: on Linux

Post by Dirk Broer »

davidBAM wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:20 am this one?
sudo apt install ia32-libs
I don't know, it depends on your distro and the exact version as to what exactly is offered by your repository.
In some distro's ia32-libs is not available and you have to search for an equivalent package.

Assuming you run many threads simultaneously, have you by any chance read this http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum ... p?id=13019 ?
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#10 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

Ah - that might have a lot to do with it thanks. Yes, I would have had 44 threads - some Rosetta, some Rosetta-mini.

I'll gently dip a toe in the water next time I try
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#11 Re: on Linux

Post by davidbam »

all seems fine now, thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rosetta”