SIMAP

Forum rules
Welcome to The Scottish Boinc Team boards. See forum rules in pinned post. If you can't be bothered then try not to be too naughty as I have a delete button to press and a ban hammer to swing.
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#1 SIMAP

Post by Reeltime »

I think Simap is a beta project lol, according to SIMAPs website it has no new work, message from the site is:

SIMAP upgrade finished: The calculation of about 10 million protein sequences from environmental sequencing projects has been finished. By importing these data, SIMAP has increased its size by a factor of three - from 80 billion stored sequence similarities to more than 250 billion. Thanks to all for chunching millions of workunits during the last months and making this SIMAP upgrade possible by your compute power. SIMAP becomes now a periodic project again, in which we calculate new protein sequences from the relevant datenbases and also new protein sequences from environmental sequencing projects at the beginning of every month.

In saying that I just downloaded some units about an hour ago :?
MacDitch
Moderator General
Moderator General

Post by MacDitch »

Nah. They were just getting the message up before people complained! I just checked the server status and it shows 1 result left to send.

Guess we're back to a few days a month for this project...
Image Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “SIMAP Production”