Astropulse to be released

Buster Gunn
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

#1 Astropulse to be released

Post by Buster Gunn »

Reading through the Seti-Beta message boards, I discovered that Astropulse will soon (within days) be released as another app within Seti.

The workunits run for 40 hours (on my Q6600's). The powers that be within Seti are still discussing whether or not to have an opt in/opt out choice. They are also still trying to figure out how to limit the AP workunits to certain machines. They want machines that can finish a w/u within 10 days considering other projects on those machines, flops, etc.

Just a heads up guys. Seti will become more interesting shortly.
Buster is my dog. Sadly, Buster is gone.
Buster is the Malamute, Obi is the Golden.

Obi is the dog of the house now.
darkmast2

Post by darkmast2 »

I've been reading through the Seti forums regarding Astropulse and I'm rather confused about it.

I am running the Seti optimized version mentioned just the other day here on the forums (work units processing much faster) and apparently isn't compatible with AP without editing a file so that it downloads the necessary files and allows me to run AP units.

I noticed on my Seti accout page that I was assigned an AP unit but it didn't appear in my client, presumably because it can't run it. I'm not sure if I want to run AP but if I did does anyone have an idiots guide to getting it running with an optimized client ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “SETI”