Greetings ... and welcome ...

Greetings to new and old cruncher's all users and guests can see this forum.
Granowski
Marathon Man, Morale Officer, Prime Mover

#1 Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Greetings, I joined BOINC on 19VII2009 ... I am a Member ... of Polish Peasant Party ... please, feel free ... to visit ... Save the World Real Estates ... website ... ... feel free ... to visit my fb ... [ links removed ]

sincerely, Grzegorz Roman Granowski ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#2 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Hi Grzegorz and a big welcome to our TSBT forums. Pull up a chair and I'll put the kettle on.

Are you into the competitive challenges or do you prefer to crunch only certain projects?
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Granowski

#3 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Dear Mr davidBAM ... thank you for a warm welcome ... I do not compete ... sincerely, Grzegorz ( Gregg if You prefere ) and sincerely, Grzegorz Roman Granowski ..
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#4 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

@Granowski Many thanks for your contributions to The Scottish Boinc Team's totals. This is greatly appreciated
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Granowski

#5 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

sincerely , Grzegorz ( Gregg ) Roman Granowski ...
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#6 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by SolidAir79 »

Hello Gregg pleased to have you on board ,Im new myself :)
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#7 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Hal Bregg »

Hi Gregg and SolidAir79

Good to see you both joining TSBT.
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#8 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by SolidAir79 »

Cheers Hal 🙂
Granowski

#9 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Dear The Scottish Boinc Team ... let me asure ... Dear Members ... that my contniouning, over 10 years support to Boinc Idea .... is Important to me ... and sincerely to All The Scottish Boinc Team Members,
Grzegorz ( Gregg ) Roman Granowski ... ... ...
Granowski

#10 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Dear ... gu cridheil ... Dha na h-uile ... "bun-bheachd leasachaidh mòr" ... dh ’fhaodadh beachd a bhith ann ... gus Sgiobaidhean Bhreatainn gu lèir a cheangal ... agus am Morair ... air a riaghladh ... le Ealasaid II chòir ... a-steach do aon, an fheadhainn as cumhachdaiche an uairsin ... sgioba BOINC ... deagh dhùrachdan agus gu h-onarach ... Grzegorz (Gregg) Ròmanach Granowski ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#11 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Good grief - more Gaelic there than I've seen in a while. I don't speak it at all, sorry

I am impressed by your 10 years of effort, Gregg. I've only been going for 1 year so am a long way behind
Granowski

#12 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:12 pm Good grief - more Gaelic there than I've seen in a while. I don't speak it at all, sorry

I am impressed by your 10 years of effort, Gregg. I've only been going for 1 year so am a long way behind
Dear Mr Administrator ... the main Idea ... of my previous " post " ... is to unite ... all of Great Britain Teams ( TSBT, Wales, et cetera ... ) and Teams Governed by Dear Great Britain Queen ... Honorary Elisabeth the Second ... Canada, Australia, New Zealand ... into, One Great British Team ... this, " possible task " ... would eventualy have been to be prepared ... truthfully, heartfully, trustfully, but One United Team ... could have been The First Boinc Team ...

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ( HGM ) ...
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#13 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Megacruncher »

Hi Gregg,
Good to have you with us. And how amazing that our first Gaelic post should come from Poland.
I'm intrigued by your vision. Possibly a Commonwealth team would be a world beater but I'm not sure it would have have wide support. Leaving aside any Imperial echoes the main problem is that unity would short circuit lots of local rivalries & probably this far down the road team loyalties are set too firm to be easily changed. Or possibly not. What gave you this idea?
Willie the Megacruncher
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#14 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Alez »

@Granowski Gregg,
I removed the links as I do not let recent joiners to the forum post a lot of links by convention as I'm sure you will understand why. If I have removed by mistake please accept my apologies and repost them for me to have a proper look at them.
fáilte agus fáilte roimh chách
Alez.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
Granowski

#15 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Alez wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:07 am @Granowski Gregg,
I removed the links as I do not let recent joiners to the forum post a lot of links by convention as I'm sure you will understand why. If I have removed by mistake please accept my apologies and repost them for me to have a proper look at them.
fáilte agus fáilte roimh chách
Alez.
good morning, Dear Mr. Administrator ... your signature, is an impressive one ... sincerely, Gregg Roman,us : in latin, from Rome ... Granowski ...
UBT - Woodles
Boinc Corporal
Boinc Corporal

#16 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by UBT - Woodles »

Megacruncher wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 amPossibly a Commonwealth team would be a world beater but I'm not sure it would have have wide support. Leaving aside any Imperial echoes the main problem is that unity would short circuit lots of local rivalries & probably this far down the road team loyalties are set too firm to be easily changed. Or possibly not.
I also find an overall Commonwealth team an interesting concept.

Other, bigger teams have had/do have sub teams present, I'm sure Alez/David et al (no real website experts on our side sadly) could set up a mechanism of having internal stats that could still be used for local bragging rights for those interested? No need to remove the current (friendly I hope) rivalries, just make them internal rather than public.

I would suggest we started off smaller with say a British or United Kingdom team but that might seem too biased towards us with our team name already being associated with the UK.
Granowski

#17 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Dear Administrators ... Dear the Scottish Boinc Team Members ... an " Idea " of the Unicication ... of All Great Britain ... and the Commonwealth Teams ... is a bright and and future-proof ... The eventually ... Future Team ...
would have been for sure ... The Strongest BOINC Team ... let me tell You, about ... initiatives ... that I had propose ... to The BOINC World ... I've started ... a solo "Save the World" Team ... nevertheless 24 BOINC fellows joined ... I've also started a Primegrid Races BOINC Team ... Major Polish Teams Aliiance ... which have been active for one Primegrid Races Season, but Major Polish Teams Members joined, and we had ' good results ' ... even Seti@Germany mentioned on theirs forum, that they had no chances, I've also started ... a Polish National Team, based on Save the World Teams efforts, by changing the name from Save the World to Polish National Team ... sincerely to all The Commonwealth Teams, Grzegorz ( Gregg ) Roman Granowski ( HGM ) ...
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#18 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by scole of TSBT »

For those who haven't noticed, check out Gregg's impressive list of project totals. This lad is no slouch...
https://stats.free-dc.org/userbycpid/c7 ... cc45c894b6

:clap:
Granowski

#19 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

scole of TSBT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:31 am For those who haven't noticed, check out Gregg's impressive list of project totals. This lad is no slouch...
https://stats.free-dc.org/userbycpid/c7 ... cc45c894b6

:clap:

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... Proud Member of The Scottish Boinc Team ...
Granowski

#20 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

UBT - Woodles wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:17 am
Megacruncher wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 amPossibly a Commonwealth team would be a world beater but I'm not sure it would have have wide support. Leaving aside any Imperial echoes the main problem is that unity would short circuit lots of local rivalries & probably this far down the road team loyalties are set too firm to be easily changed. Or possibly not.
I also find an overall Commonwealth team an interesting concept.

Other, bigger teams have had/do have sub teams present, I'm sure Alez/David et al (no real website experts on our side sadly) could set up a mechanism of having internal stats that could still be used for local bragging rights for those interested? No need to remove the current (friendly I hope) rivalries, just make them internal rather than public.

I would suggest we started off smaller with say a British or United Kingdom team but that might seem too biased towards us with our team name already being associated with the UK.
truly ... it is a perfect approach ... " internal stats " ... would might have been ... a Great Start ... to Unite ... The Commowealth Teams ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ( HGM ) ... of FIDE ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#21 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Hmmm - the irony of the name CommonWEALTH is but one concern I'd have. Competitive boincing certainly hasn't increased my wealth :lol: :lol:
Granowski

#22 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:02 pm Hmmm - the irony of the name CommonWEALTH is but one concern I'd have. Competitive boincing certainly hasn't increased my wealth :lol: :lol:
that is not exactly true ... Our BOINC Wealth is both : moral, and by helping, we increase our inside wealth and beauty ... ... sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ...

post scriptum : let me asure ... Dear The Boinc Scottish Team ... that i find ... an Internal, All The Boinc Commonwealth Teams, stats, a perfect way to integration ... The Honorary Elizabeth the Second ... Ruled ... Teams ... !!! !!! !!! !!! ... ... ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#23 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

I'll give you the first one :P
Granowski

#24 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:29 pm I'll give you the first one :P
p11 p10

:flags-canada: :flags-australia: :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Granowski

#25 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

The ... Dear The Scottish Boinc Team ... " an internal " ... " All The Commonwealth BOINC Teams " ... stats ... requeirs .. further discussions ... but according to what Dear Members ... said ... allready ... it is a truly rightfull " path " ...

should we ... " Prepare " a ' letter of introduction ' ... in which may we present ... to The Commonwealth Teams ... a concept of internal stats ? ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ( HGM ) ...
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#26 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Megacruncher »

Granowski wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:56 pm should we ... " Prepare " a ' letter of introduction ' ... in which may we present ... to The Commonwealth Teams ... a concept of internal stats ? ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ( HGM ) ...
Why not? I’d certainly be interested to see a first draft of the letter of introduction. Go for it!
Willie the Megacruncher
Granowski

#27 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

The Future Draft ... would eventually ... state a s follows ...

The Dear ..... name of Team of Commonwealth ... ruled by Honorary Elisabethe the Second ......... The Scottish Boinc Team ... represented by ...
... Adiministrator ...

The Text ... should be short, and ... should state as follows .... As The Scottish Boinc Team, represented by the ... Administrator ... may we present to ... The Name of The Team ... a concept of an internal all The Commonwealth Boinc stats ... our plan is to inform every Commonwealth Team, and ... hopefully, if Administrators ... will/would accept ... we should ' develop ' the all the Boinc Stats ... application/code ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ...
Granowski

#28 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Cruncher Pete wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:39 am I am sorry Guys, it seems I misunderstood Greg's intention. I thought he was interested in creating a New Team that involves members of the Commonwealth. Now the way I see it that it only relates to some sort of internal Credit count comparing teams that belong to the Commonwealth. In this case, I see no purpose in this for we already have BOINCStats and can check and compare stats against any Team. As regards forming a New Team, I doubt that any member team would want to give up their Independent Status and start again. The concept to me still sounds good, but I do not think it is feasible :| :think: .
Dear Mr Crucher Pete ... that is correct ... the main Idea ... was to unite All The Commonwealth Teams into ... One ... Great, Strong Team ... however the concept of integral stats ... may be the first step ... to " Unification " ... the internal stats ... might be visible,,, on BOINC Stats/Free-DC ... and others, along with ... stats ... form separated, Teams of the Commonwealth ... ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ...
Granowski

#29 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Greetings to All The ... The Scottish Boinc Team ... Members ... tomorrow ... or the day after tommowrow ... I will pass ... a milistone of 14.000.000.000 credits/points .... it has took me more then ten years ... to reach this milestone ...

from 19VII2009 anno domini ... https://www.boincstats.com/stats/-5/use ... rojectList ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ( GHM ) ... ...

post scriptum ... I would like to add ... my signature ... to Profile ... how should i do that?
Granowski

#30 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

https://stats.free-dc.org/badgesbanner. ... cc45c894b6

how should I add ' the signature ' ... to be visible ???

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ( HGM ) ... ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#31 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Granowski wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:36 pm how should I add ' the signature ' ... to be visible ???
@Alez is the man to sort that for you
Granowski

#32 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Granowski wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:36 pm how should I add ' the signature ' ... to be visible ???
@Alez is the man to sort that for you
Thank You ... Dear Mr. Alez ... could You please, make my signature visible ? or please, could You ... give me ... precise instructions ... how to do this ?

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ... ... ... ... ...
Granowski

#33 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Dear Administrators ... please, if you could ... add my signature ... to my " Granowski " ... profile ?!? ...

Sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#34 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

I think Alez is away on business. I also think that site is down at the moment. I'll check later
Granowski

#35 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:35 pm I think Alez is away on business. I also think that site is down at the moment. I'll check later
Thank You ... and how is My Aplicattion .. to the Anguialn Pirates ... is being procesed ?

Gregg Roman Granowski ... ... ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#36 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

That is above my pay grade - please stay patient
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#37 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Your signature should be working now
Granowski

#38 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:44 pm Your signature should be working now
it is not ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#39 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Hmm - I can see it when I view your profile. My settings hide all signatures in the threads themselves so can't really tell.

Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#40 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Dirk Broer »

I can see it too:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Granowski

#41 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

thank you ... and sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ... ...

edit :

Dear ... the Scottish Boinc Team Members ... after over one and a half years ... teh Top 100 Boinc Users Page ... is now ... active ... https://boinc.berkeley.edu/chart_list.php ... ... however, it is stated for april 2017 ...
Granowski

#42 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Greetings to All ... I've just passed ... a milestone of 14.000.000.000 points ... after more then 10 years of crunching ... https://www.boincstats.com/stats/-5/use ... rojectList ...

sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ( HGM ) ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#43 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Hearty congratulations Gregg
Granowski

#44 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

davidBAM wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:06 pm Hearty congratulations Gregg

Thank you ... Dear Mr Administrator ... sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ...
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#45 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by SolidAir79 »

Where do you hale from? I was recently in Warsaw, Marki for a karate seminar :-)
Granowski

#46 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Wrocław, Lower Silesia ... Gregg Roman Granowski ... ( HGM ) ... ... ...
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#47 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by SolidAir79 »

Ah nice looking City not been there 8-)
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#48 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Dirk Broer »

I've been to Gdańsk, Warsaw and Kraków (twice)
Granowski

#49 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by Granowski »

Greetings, let me asure ... Dear The Scottish Boinc Team Members ... that Poland, and our Great, Victorious History, is among, other's Great Nations of Europe, "an unique one ..." ...

post scriptum, my signature isn't being visible, to me ... sincerely, Gregg Roman Granowski ... ...

edit : post scriptum ... I've passed ... in Primegrid Project ... a milestone of 7.000.000.000 points ... ...
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#50 Re: Greetings ... and welcome ...

Post by davidbam »

Can you see other people's signatures? I think it only shows them once per-page
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Welcome”