Forum rules
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#1 VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

a 153 day WU !! No thank you :o

Code: Select all

collatz	1.40 Collatz Sieve (nvidia_opencl)	collatz_sieve_ea86eac1-d1c5-4979-a1fe-41335efcf8f3_0	- (-)	0	0	153d,13:31:51	12/06/2019 22:54:58	0.998 CPUs + 1 NVIDIA GPU	Ready to start	x79hp b1	0.00 MB	0.00 MB	
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#2 Re: VERY long wu

Post by Hal Bregg »

Holy crap! How long CPU would crunch then?
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#3 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - 16hrs wasted
I think this is fool-proof but could you just try it for me please? • There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don’t
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#4 Re: VERY long wu

Post by scole of TSBT »

A bad WU is not unheard of. You should add a feature to your BT tool to set a max time limit for WUs on projects and abort them if they run longer than the max.
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#5 Re: VERY long wu

Post by Dirk Broer »

davidBAM wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:50 pma 153 day WU !! No thank you :o
Thou shalt not run RNA... :lichmalignus:
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#6 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

LOL [mention]Dirk Broer[/mention]
scole of TSBT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 pm A bad WU is not unheard of. You should add a feature to your BT tool to set a max time limit for WUs on projects and abort them if they run longer than the max.
Exactly what I was thinking. Put up an alert or perhaps auto-suspend a WU which was deemed 'excessive' by comparison to the current average runtime for that project in that instance.
scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#7 Re: VERY long wu

Post by scole of TSBT »

davidBAM wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:06 am LOL @Dirk Broer
scole of TSBT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:33 pm A bad WU is not unheard of. You should add a feature to your BT tool to set a max time limit for WUs on projects and abort them if they run longer than the max.
Exactly what I was thinking. Put up an alert or perhaps auto-suspend a WU which was deemed 'excessive' by comparison to the current average runtime for that project in that instance.
If you just suspend it the boinc client won't download any more WUs. Kill it! Even a fixed time per project-machine will work. I've done it with an older tool. Also helpful to be able to abort WUs which match at specific mask. Helpful when a project has a batch of long WUs compared to the rest.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#8 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

yeah thanks - I hadn't considered the situation when running open. Probably because I do it so little these days !!
Hal Bregg
Boinc Sergeant
Boinc Sergeant

#9 Re: VERY long wu

Post by Hal Bregg »

BT tool? Please, can you elaborate?
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#10 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

ah sorry, I am writing a browser-based replacement for boinctasks and teamviewer. It greatly reduces the time needed to look after multiple machines and multiple instances on each.

I'll be looking for guinea-pigs in the not-too-distant future :P
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#11 Re: VERY long wu

Post by Dirk Broer »

davidBAM wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:17 am ah sorry, I am writing a browser-based replacement for boinctasks and teamviewer. It greatly reduces the time needed to look after multiple machines and multiple instances on each.

The only problem I have with BOINCTASKS is when my main system decides it has enough of its IP-address and takes another from the 192.168.1.x stack
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#12 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

Collatz is being a PITA these days as it is dishing out quite a few massive WU (80 days or even 430 days)
Dirk Broer
Corsair
Corsair

#13 Re: VERY long wu

Post by Dirk Broer »

davidBAM wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:17 am ah sorry, I am writing a browser-based replacement for boinctasks and teamviewer. It greatly reduces the time needed to look after multiple machines and multiple instances on each.

You know that boinctasks also has a browser-based version -that will even include iPhones and hopefully Android-based apparatus?

https://efmer.com/boinctasks-cloud/

https://efmer.com/boinctasks-mobile/
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#14 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Might need to give that a go to see if btsk has a competitive edge. Can you even BE competitive with a free product? :lol: :lol:
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#15 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

I did give it a try but didn't get very far. Is it only for people who are using boinctasks anyway? Like maybe an add-in?
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

#16 Re: VERY long wu

Post by Alez »

As far as I'm aware , yes. I believe the cloud versions acts similar to team viewer to allow you to access BT on your local machine remotely. I've been meaning to try it out as would be useful when I'm away as usual. Will try it when I fire a few systems back up.
The best form of help from above is a sniper on the rooftop....
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#17 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

Might give this one a miss - hard to crunch that before deadline. Problem is it keeps coming back

scole of TSBT
Boinc Major General
Boinc Major General

#18 Re: VERY long wu

Post by scole of TSBT »

davidBAM wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:45 pm Might give this one a miss - hard to crunch that before deadline. Problem is it keeps coming back
I'd send the project admin a PM about it with a link to that WU.
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#19 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

slicker?

Good idea. Done.
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#20 Re: VERY long wu

Post by SolidAir79 »

Im getting a load of 2 day wu's and one for 6min ?
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#21 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

abort the 2-day ones
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#22 Re: VERY long wu

Post by SolidAir79 »

Did they got replaced with other 2 day ones 🙄
davidbam
General Bitchin'
General Bitchin'

#23 Re: VERY long wu

Post by davidbam »

set a large cache size so you get lots of normal ones. Then decrease cache size, then abort the 2-day ones
SolidAir79
San Dan
San Dan

#24 Re: VERY long wu

Post by SolidAir79 »

Cheers will give it a go 👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Collatz Conjecture”