Rosetta Safe at Last!

Shout loud and proud of latest team or individual's stats
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

#1 Rosetta Safe at Last!

Post by Megacruncher »

Today, after many months stuck in 100th place for Rosetta, worrying about the Sicituradastra juggernaut knocking us back into the second 100 we finally overtook Catalunya! :wav: Sometime tomorrow we will overtake Christianboards.org. :wav:

Once in 98th we can really relax a bit. Sici are no longer an immediate threat anyway and we can pick up a few more places even if our RAC drops a little.

Well done everyone - great work & an auspicious start to 2013! :D 8)
Willie the Megacruncher
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

Good news for Rosetta !
:blob: :blob6: :blob: :blob6: :blob: :blob6: :blob:

...Meanwhile, back in the boondocks, we've managed to sneak up on the sassenachs in e0n, at least for the new year... he! he! ...this is only temporary as I'll be switching to Einstein next week which is in a wee spot o' bother... :D

(I think we might have to let WCG go it's own way this year and concentrate on what we're good at... I'll try and keep a couple of cores on one or two comps with projects I'm already doing... nothing spectacular as I don't have any GPUs worth talking about).

...I think I shall go back to digging the Panama Canal in my basement this year. :tongue3:
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

Post by Janos (retired) »

Nice one :)

Would you like me to divert some / all CPU time from Rosetta to something else?

Janos
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

I've just stuck both GPU's on Einstein for a boost there. Will kill my progress up the team for a while but Hey Ho, need's must... :?
PinkPenguin

Post by PinkPenguin »

@Janos - I think you can probably put a few CPU cores on Einstein now. On Rosetta it'll just take a t little longer to overtake the 3 or 4 slow teams up ahead so even if Sici and Overclock overtake us we should still be in the top 100. 8)

@Alezevo1 - thanks... as a GPU project it's probably better than Seti or WCG these days but no match for most of the others... :)

Anyway the Einstein comp begins on the 5th so there's gonna be a stampede as they're aiming for Pteraflops (I am reliably informed that this is an archaic flying reptile similar to the Archaeopteryx but less competent at the flying business... :D)
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Actually chaps a wee bit more emphasis on Rosetta would not go amiss. Once all the asteroid & Einstein stuff has been done we need to up our R@H a little if we are to avoid further crises.
Willie the Megacruncher
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

I will head back to Rosetta on Monday, just as soon as the Asteroids challenge is finished.

Janos
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

I'll get on Rosetta with the cpu's after asteroids until the POGS challenge starts. Pity I still can't put the i7 on it as the issues are still issues.
Megacruncher
G.L.S.B.
G.L.S.B.

Post by Megacruncher »

Yep. All non-i7 CPUs onto Rosetta as soon as they've finished their asteroid work. That's my plan.
Asteroids seems happy enough with i7s so that might be what I do with them. :D
Willie the Megacruncher
Janos (retired)
Still a Newbie

I have three different types of i7 on Rosetta and all appear to work just fine. :? Having never had a issue I have never looked into the "i7 problem". What seems to go wrong?

My pending queue is building nicely and my Rosetta RAC is climbing back up again.

Janos
Alez
[ TSBT's Pirate ]
[ TSBT's Pirate ]

Post by Alez »

All the units crunched on my i7 do not validate despite crunching all the way. The results are fine and the project credits you're account manually, but as the server thinks you are returning nothing but invalid units, it's not long before the max number of units you can download per day drops to 1 per core. There are lots of theories as to why this happens from having a gpu in the system, an nVidea gpu, a version of boinc, certain GPU drivers etc. but all are contradicted at some point by somebody else. The only common factor seems to be the i7 but Rosetta are completely uninterested in resolving this issue despite the list of teams and individuals effected being huge.
I simply will not waste the time of my i7 if they can't be bothered even responding to the message boards. This has been ongoing for months now and the project has done nothing. Rant over :lol:
Reeltime
Boinc Second Lieutenant
Boinc Second Lieutenant

Post by Reeltime »

Someone needs to kick the feeder tho...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Kudos”